Question: Some students prefer classes with open discussions between the professor and students and almost no lectures. Other students prefer classes with lectures and almost no discussions. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to suppor

Question: Some students prefer classes with open discussions between the professor and students and almost no lectures. Other students prefer classes with lectures and almost no discussions. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Learning is an important part of students educational lives. Professors have to use the best way with highest efficiency. Some people hold the opinion that presenting lectures in classes is better than having discussion between professor and students. They believe students can learn different skills through presenting such as how they have to collet information, use different materials to name just a few. Others have the opposite idea. As far as I am concerned, the latter group and I are on the same page. Some of the most conspicuous factors to support my notion are as follows.

The first reason that I advocate the attitude of people who think having discussion in classrooms is better is that it would help students to learn better. When you can communicate with professor and ask your peoblems about a specific topic in the classroom, you can get immediate soultion and explanation. For instance, I remember when I was studying in the Tokyo university, I took Chemistry class with Professor Johnson. When he was teaching atoms, I did not completely agree with the professor about the exact function of some particles in materials. As you can guess, I arose my hand, and talked to the Professor about my opinion. After about 5 minutes spending time about my opinion, he could persuade me that my opinion was not correct. Through this dicussion, I could learn another imoprtant lessons. As you can see, Having discussion in all classes would help students.

Another reason that I want to mention is that by having discussion in classes, Professors can find students problems. If they infer that majority of students don not understand some issues completely, they will focus on those topics and spend more time to solve students’ problems. An example to verify this fact traces back to my own experience. As a students in the high school, I had an algebra 2 class. One day, our teacher ask my classroom to solve an exercise. After giving students time to solve it, the teacher started to solve and explain the question. During solve the exercise, She found that many students had a problem in solving eqations include integral. After that, he spent one session to remember us basic of integral equations. This experience taught me, having discussion in classe realy help students.

To sum it up, although some times discussions have not specific benefits, or given that in some situations lectures can prepare students for taking jobs, if we contemplate all factors mentioned above, we may finally draw the conclusion that advantages of having discussion carry more weight than those of presenting lecture in classes. In other words, its disadvantages can compensated by its advantages. That is why I suggest professors should have discussions with students in their classes.

Sentence: One day, our teacher ask my classroom to solve an exercise.
Description: The fragment teacher ask my is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace ask with verb, past tense

Sentence: In other words, its disadvantages can compensated by its advantages.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to can and compensated

Sentence: They believe students can learn different skills through presenting such as how they have to collet information, use different materials to name just a few.
Error: collet Suggestion: collect

Sentence: When you can communicate with professor and ask your peoblems about a specific topic in the classroom, you can get immediate soultion and explanation.
Error: soultion Suggestion: solution
Error: peoblems Suggestion: problems

Sentence: Through this dicussion, I could learn another imoprtant lessons.
Error: dicussion Suggestion: discussion
Error: imoprtant Suggestion: important

Sentence: During solve the exercise, She found that many students had a problem in solving eqations include integral.
Error: eqations Suggestion: equations

Sentence: This experience taught me, having discussion in classe realy help students.
Error: realy Suggestion: really
Error: classe Suggestion: class