Some people prefer to take a position in a company and work for the company. Other people think it is better to go into business for themselves. Which do you think it is better? Give reasons and examples to support your answer.

Working is a significant and inseparable part of our lives; hence it is important to have a job and be content and satisfy about it. I surmise that whether to take a position in a company and work for it or working for yourself, depends on some factors such as personality type, characteristics, upbringings and the like. Actually it’s a matter of efficiency and output and both can be good on account of following reasons.

Regarding advantages of working for a company, people working for others, have a certain and specific task; they just focus on their own duty and usually don’t care about other issues. In addition, many people are inclined to work for others because it has less responsibilities and commitments for them and they don’t have to be worried and concerned about many issues. As another benefit, when they finish their works and go out of the company, usually their minds are not captive of work issues anymore and they can enjoy their free time.

On the other side of the coin, working for yourself has also some advantages. You can open your own business, hire some people and contribute to others. You can double your fortune and meanwhile cover the needs of society. Another merit is that you don’t have to follow others and obey their orders; instead you lead others. For instance, I have a friend who quit his job in a company although he had some good and satisfactory situation and opportunities, just because he couldn't stand following others and their orders.

As for me, I prefer to owe my own business and work for myself. In fact, I like to be my own boss because of my personality type. I can’t tolerate submissiveness; I have leadership qualities and I like to lead others. I like to exercise my creativity, launch new projects, make new plans and import my new ideas.

All in all, I’m of the opinion that choosing between working for others or working for yourself depends on your character and features and it’s not a matter of either or. Each option has its own merits and demerits and considering all the pros and cons of each, you should try to decide which works for you.