You are hereThere are times when lying is acceptable.

There are times when lying is acceptable.

xaama's picture

By xaama - Posted on 02 October 2013

"There are times when lying is acceptable" I disagree with the statement that lying is acceptable. this topic is on debatable issue. For me, Lying is accaptable for only coward people .If you are truely confident and corageous then you never choose to lie. I general situaltion, people lie to prevent the short term consequences pf speaking truth, but at that time they fail to consider long-term consequences of speaking lie. And trust me, long term consequences of lying are hazardous then, short term consequences of speaking truth. Firstly,sometimes happens that lying during particular situation is acceptable and there are no complications related with lying. But the main problem is that person make habit of lying, and that will make things complicated for the person. For instance, In my school, A boy tended to remain absent by pretending he was ill. This happened so many time without noticed by teachers. Once, principal checked her attendence report and come to know about the boy's absent . He called the class teacher and asked him to arranged meeting with the boy's parents. As the result, A principal and staff came to know that the boy was malingering about his health. This instance had created that boy's negative impression among the staff as well as the students.Although, he suffered a lot regarding to his academics till the end of the school. And as the result, that boy had to rgret for his past mistakes. Secondly, Speaking lie is not at all acceptable in relationships.Such as, marriage or friendship. the reason is, relationship based on a lie, never last long. As I mentioned earlier, long term effects of speaking lie are irreversible. Trust is the only one characteristic, on which every relationship stands. Furthermore, without trust , relationship became struggle. For example, couple living near my home, faced consequces of speaking lie. Husband refused to go out with his wife and give her wife reason that he was busy at office. This continued to happen so frequently, once a wife , visited the shopping-mall, he saw her husband enjoying with his collegues at the cafeteria near chopping mall. At the same time, she called her husband and told him to come early home for shopping. Her husband again refused with the reason of working at office That woman was already knowing about her husband's lie. And they soon divorced. In conclusion, i would like to restate that, speaking truth is not acceptable. and it is act of cowardiness.