You are hereThere are times when lying is acceptable.

There are times when lying is acceptable.

xaama's picture

By xaama - Posted on 02 October 2013

"There are times when lying is acceptable" I disagree with the statement that lying is acceptable. this topic is on debatable issue. For me, Lying is accaptable for only coward people .If you are truely confident and corageous then you never choose to lie. I general situaltion, people lie to prevent the short term consequences pf speaking truth, but at that time they fail to consider long-term consequences of speaking lie. And trust me, long term consequences of lying are hazardous then, short term consequences of speaking truth. Firstly,sometimes happens that lying during particular situation is acceptable and there are no complications related with lying. But the main problem is that person make habit of lying, and that will make things complicated for the person. For instance, In my school, A boy tended to remain absent by pretending he was ill. This happened so many time without noticed by teachers. Once, principal checked her attendence report and come to know about the boy's absent . He called the class teacher and asked him to arranged meeting with the boy's parents. As the result, A principal and staff came to know that the boy was malingering about his health. This instance had created that boy's negative impression among the staff as well as the students.Although, he suffered a lot regarding to his academics till the end of the school. And as the result, that boy had to rgret for his past mistakes. Secondly, Speaking lie is not at all acceptable in relationships.Such as, marriage or friendship. the reason is, relationship based on a lie, never last long. As I mentioned earlier, long term effects of speaking lie are irreversible. Trust is the only one characteristic, on which every relationship stands. Furthermore, without trust , relationship became struggle. For example, couple living near my home, faced consequces of speaking lie. Husband refused to go out with his wife and give her wife reason that he was busy at office. This continued to happen so frequently, once a wife , visited the shopping-mall, he saw her husband enjoying with his collegues at the cafeteria near chopping mall. At the same time, she called her husband and told him to come early home for shopping. Her husband again refused with the reason of working at office That woman was already knowing about her husband's lie. And they soon divorced. In conclusion, i would like to restate that, speaking truth is not acceptable. and it is act of cowardiness.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. yjc1989 sticky icon
A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose your factory? Explain your position. Ariana2811 sticky icon
Students at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of liv pkesf52513
Integrated essay " primordial soup " swetha.kasarala...
Is college best time in the life? Setare1362
It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. Agata sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support. Use specific reasons and examples to support your Josie
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Professional athletes should not earn as much money as they do.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. pkesf52513
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their university libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. hajarisfahan
TOEFL essay:Resolving problems between individuals or groups is important. What should be considered or kept in mind in resolving problems between individuals or groups? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. sheppard

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words.Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. paradise_shi
TPO-3 Integrated writing divjais186
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. pkesf52513
Summarize the points made in the reading passage, and then explain how the case study from the lecture supports the reading. Vanan sticky icon
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT UNIVERSITY STUDENTS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND CLASSES. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT GOING TO CLASSES SHOULD BE OPTIONAL FOR STUDENTS. WHICH POINT OF VIEW DO YOU AGREE WITH? ftn sticky icon
Some people prefer to work for a large company. Others prefer to work for a small company. Which would you prefer? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice. hajarisfahan
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ambikap
46.What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. fardin
TOPIC# 24 a person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think that person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Ekhlass1980

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer ioanap sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. peyman_np sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Akbar Sabetkar sticky icon
AsthmaAsthma is ussually seen as a condition whose symptoms can be adequately controlled with the right medicines. Researchers point out that it is an intermittent disorder,characterized by temporary bouts of inflammation of the airways,which lead to typi firefly sticky icon
TOPIC # 56 A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose? Ekhlass1980
Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. jaanu28
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Hi, Please check my essa Hakimeh
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television advertising directed toward young children (aged 2 to 5) should not be allowed. peyman_np
The rules that the whole society today expects young people to follow are too strict. echoqishu
do you agree or disagree with the following statement? distance learning and computer online class should replace classroom learning. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. salah5531

Sentence: I general situaltion, people lie to prevent the short term consequences pf speaking truth, but at that time they fail to consider long-term consequences of speaking lie.
Description: A pronoun, personal, nominative, not 3rd person singular is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to I and general

Sentence: But the main problem is that person make habit of lying, and that will make things complicated for the person.
Description: The fragment person make habit is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace make with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

Sentence: He called the class teacher and asked him to arranged meeting with the boy's parents.
Description: The token to is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to to and arranged

Sentence: For me, Lying is accaptable for only coward people .If you are truely confident and corageous then you never choose to lie.
Error: corageous Suggestion: courageous
Error: accaptable Suggestion: acceptable
Error: truely Suggestion: No alternate word

Error: situaltion Suggestion: situation

Sentence: Once, principal checked her attendence report and come to know about the boy's absent .
Error: attendence Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: And as the result, that boy had to rgret for his past mistakes.
Error: rgret Suggestion: regret

Sentence: For example, couple living near my home, faced consequces of speaking lie.
Error: consequces Suggestion: consequent

Sentence: This continued to happen so frequently, once a wife , visited the shopping-mall, he saw her husband enjoying with his collegues at the cafeteria near chopping mall.
Error: collegues Suggestion: colleagues

Sentence: In conclusion, i would like to restate that, speaking truth is not acceptable. and it is act of cowardiness.
Error: cowardiness Suggestion: No alternate word

better to have 5 paragraphs:

para 1: introduction.
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion