TOEFL essay hints:Topic 106,107,108

TOEFL essay hints:Topic 106,107,108

106 You need to travel from your home to a place 40 miles (64 kilometers) away. Compare the different kinds of transportation you could use. Tell which method of travel you would choose. Give specific reasons for your choice.
1) Compare different transportations: car, ship, bicycle, train, etc
2) Choose the car
a) The distance decides that car is the most suitable transportation tool;
b) The car could help carry the personal belongings more easily.
c) Have more time control

107. Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss these views. Which view do you agree with? Explain why.
Agree. that higher education should be available to all students.
1) The nature of the society should be equal to all the people, everyone has his/her right to do what he/she wants as long as his/her behavior does not break the law;
2) The function of the college or university is to educate all kinds of students
3) The education could change the students into good students.

108. Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice offamily and
friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different ways of learning about life. Which do you think is preferable?Use specific examples to support your preference.
Compare. 1) direct experience; 2) indirect experience Similar to #4.