Essay topics: TOEFL essay: Holidays honor people or events. If you could create a new holiday, what person or event would it honor and how would you want people to celebrate it? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.
October 24 is Union Nations Day. This day is noted in the calendars, but not observed as a holiday around the world. I want the entire world to celebrate the birth of the United Nations because of its attempts to promote peace, education, and health around the world.
Peace is the most important thing that we can have today. The sooner that we can stop war the sooner we can all have better lives. There are countries around the world that have been at war for generations. In some of these countries, UN Peacekeepers have temporarily stopped the violence so people can go about their lives. If this peace could be made lasting, the lives of these citizens would be much richer.
The UN actively works to promote education. Universal literacy is one of its important goals. Every child in the world deserves to know how to read and write. The UN is also involved in job training for adults. The age of information technology demands new job skills. The UN works with continuing education programs around the world so workers are not left out of the job market.
The UN has played an instrumental role in the eradication of smallpox. Polio vaccines and AIDS-awareness programs have also helped reduce the incidence of these diseases. There is a lot to be done in these areas.
Much of the work of the UN is unknown and underappreciated. If we want to live in a peaceful world, where every child can attend school and where every citizen has access to health care, we need to support the work of the UN. We need to recognize its importance and celebrate its birthday.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|11 months 3 days ago||reemalobaidi||80||Read full essay|
|11 months 4 weeks ago||tommy122||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||nastulichka15@g...||90||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||saharpouya||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||akshay2312||80||Read full essay|
|1 year 11 months ago||writwik||45||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||haku1112||90||Read full essay|
|2 years 6 months ago||hajarisfahan||40||Read full essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||farzaneh||73.33329999999999||Read full essay|
|2 years 12 months ago||sonia123||78||Read full essay|
- Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer (67.2)
- TOEFL sample essay: If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? use reasons and specific examples to support your answer. (60)
- TOEFL sample essay: A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. do you support or oppose the factory? explain your position. (68)
- Sample TOEFL essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Universities should give the same amount of money to their students’ sports activities as they give to their libraries. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (80)
- Sample TOEFL essay: "When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position. (75.2)
- Sample TOEFL essay: Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. (82.5)
- Sample TOEFL essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (77.2727)
- Sample TOEFL essay: It has recently been announced that a new movie theater may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. (63.076900000000002)
- Sample TOEFL essay: Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and esamples to support your answer. (73.5294)
- Sample TOEFL essay: Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer (85)