You are hereTOEFL essay: Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults. Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which view do you agree with? Use examples to support your position.

TOEFL essay: Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults. Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which view do you agree with? Use examples to support your position.

sheppard's picture

By sheppard - Posted on 25 September 2005

Although friends make an impression on your life, they do not have the same influence that your family has. Nothing is as important to me as my family. From them, I learned everything that is important. I learned about trust, ambition, and love.

Your family is with you forever. They are not going to leave you because they find another daughter they like better. They are not going to leave you because they think you are too much trouble. A family is permanent, while friends come and go.

Your parents are your role models. They will encourage you to do your best, to push yourself, and to improve yourself. Friends want you to stay the same: they don’t want you to be different. A family is ambitious for you. Friends are not.

Your family teaches you about love. A family’s love is not judgmental. They love you for everything you are. Friends may love you because you have a new car or because you go out with them on Saturdays. A family loves you. Friends only like you.

Without my family, I wouldn’t know what to do. I wouldn’t feel as secure. I might not have the ambition to go to school. I probably would be afraid to love. My family is my greatest influence.

TOEFL TWE pattern for "what/how/why type" sheppard TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? When one of your friends finds it hard to pass an exam, it is better for him or her to ask you (suppose that youare good at the subject) for help than to turn to a tutor. tnan3158 TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. nataliamenezes TOEFL
what are the characteristics of a good teacher? use reasons and examples to support your response. zeezoo TOEFL
If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer komala TOEFL
44)Some people like to travel with a companion. Other people prefer to travel alone. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice. magicsk TOEFL
Subject : Global Warming Summarize the points made in the lecture you just heard , explaning how they cast doubt on points made in the reading. makar21 Integrated TOEFL Writing
It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. hajarisfahan TOEFL
46.What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. fardin TOEFL
When you are assigned an important presentation for work or school, you prefer to work on it right away so that you can work on it a little bit every day, or wait until you have a good idea about the presentation? ronxyz sticky icon TOEFL

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Being able to speak well is better than being able to write well ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
three obstacles which archaeologists confronted in Britain. mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. BasilMooos91 Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throuhout their lives, looking for a better job, house,community or even climate. Which do you prefer:staying in one place or moving in search of another place? nomantic Independent TOEFL Writing
It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? bjeddi Independent TOEFL Writing
TPO14 integrated writing: Salvage logging VertFeuille Integrated TOEFL Writing
Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. BasilMooos91 Independent TOEFL Writing

What historical event in your country has had a major effect nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? at universities and collage, sports and social activities just as important as classes an library and should equal financial support? nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing