You are hereTOEFL essay: Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults. Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which view do you agree with? Use examples to support your position.

TOEFL essay: Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults. Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. Which view do you agree with? Use examples to support your position.

sheppard's picture

By sheppard - Posted on 25 September 2005

Although friends make an impression on your life, they do not have the same influence that your family has. Nothing is as important to me as my family. From them, I learned everything that is important. I learned about trust, ambition, and love.

Your family is with you forever. They are not going to leave you because they find another daughter they like better. They are not going to leave you because they think you are too much trouble. A family is permanent, while friends come and go.

Your parents are your role models. They will encourage you to do your best, to push yourself, and to improve yourself. Friends want you to stay the same: they don’t want you to be different. A family is ambitious for you. Friends are not.

Your family teaches you about love. A family’s love is not judgmental. They love you for everything you are. Friends may love you because you have a new car or because you go out with them on Saturdays. A family loves you. Friends only like you.

Without my family, I wouldn’t know what to do. I wouldn’t feel as secure. I might not have the ambition to go to school. I probably would be afraid to love. My family is my greatest influence.

anis Bangladesh

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

kanna United Sta

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement. Young people enjoy their life more than older people do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. irjayantimardin sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television, newspapers, magazines, and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. Use specific reasons and details to explain you sirus sticky icon
TOEFL integrated writing: Dutch painter Rembrandt zeezoo
Do you agree or disagree? why?Teachers are responsible for motivating students to learn. nargess1981 sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? To achieve successful development of a country, a government should spend more money on young children'seducation rather than on universities'. NAPSTER
Should pets be treated as family members? yedapoda sticky icon
Dams Hydropower dams are massive concrete walls placed inside rivers or streams to hold back water. Holes in the dam allow controlled amounts of water to pass through and as it moves through these holes, it passes through a machine, which converts that mo yan22 sticky icon
Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to spend their leisure time indoors. Would you prefer to be outside, or would you prefer to be inside for your leisure activities? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your Vanan sticky icon
TOEFL integrated writing: fuel-cell engines nine4ever sticky icon
TOEFL essay:Countries, businesses, and schools are three areas that need good leaders. Choose one of these three areas and describe the most important qualities of a leader in that area. Explain why these qualities are important, using specific ... sheppard

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words.Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. paradise_shi
Summarize the points made in the reading passage, and then explain how the case study from the lecture supports the reading. Vanan sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Money can't buy happiness.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. pkesf52513
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard
Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances. Others believe that success results from careful planning. In your opinion, what does success come from? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ambikap
TPO-3 Integrated writing divjais186
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT UNIVERSITY STUDENTS SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND CLASSES. OTHERS BELIEVE THAT GOING TO CLASSES SHOULD BE OPTIONAL FOR STUDENTS. WHICH POINT OF VIEW DO YOU AGREE WITH? ftn sticky icon
TOPIC# 24 a person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think that person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Ekhlass1980
46.What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. fardin
Integrated essay suggested in TPO19 hajarisfahan

Plants can provide food, clothing, shelter or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or to the people in your country? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice. ioanap sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Dancing plays an important role in a culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer ioanap sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past. peyman_np sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Akbar Sabetkar sticky icon
AsthmaAsthma is ussually seen as a condition whose symptoms can be adequately controlled with the right medicines. Researchers point out that it is an intermittent disorder,characterized by temporary bouts of inflammation of the airways,which lead to typi firefly sticky icon
A person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city? Why? Thuy Nguyen
TOPIC # 56 A company is going to give some money either to support the arts or to protect the environment. Which do you think the company should choose? Ekhlass1980
Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. jaanu28
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to so much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Hi, Please check my essa Hakimeh
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television advertising directed toward young children (aged 2 to 5) should not be allowed. peyman_np