You are hereTOEFL essay:Countries, businesses, and schools are three areas that need good leaders. Choose one of these three areas and describe the most important qualities of a leader in that area. Explain why these qualities are important, using specific ...

TOEFL essay:Countries, businesses, and schools are three areas that need good leaders. Choose one of these three areas and describe the most important qualities of a leader in that area. Explain why these qualities are important, using specific ...

sheppard's picture

By sheppard - Posted on 25 September 2005

The principal of a school is one of our first encounters with a figure of authority. Consequently, he or she must be a good example of a leader. The principal must be firm, fair and foresighted which are important qualities of a principal.

When a principal announces a rule, you must understand that he or she means it. If a rule requires all students to be in their seats when the bell rings, the rule must be enforced. If students are out of their seats, they should be punished. If a rule requires that students not wear bats in school, the rule must be enforced. If students wear bats, the bats must be taken away from them. A principal must be firm.

When a principal enforces a rule, you must understand that he or she will treat everyone equally. If I get caught eating at my desk, I must receive the same punishment that my classmate got when she got caught eating at her desk. If a sophomore is late for school, he or she must receive the same punishment that a senior would. A principal must be fair.

When a principal establishes a rule, you must understand that he or she has a good reason for it. If a rule requires that students must participate in extracurricular sports, you should understand that the principal knows that a strong body as well as a strong mind will help us in the future. If a rule requires that students must do two hours of volunteer work in the community each week, you should understand that the principal knows that close involvement in the community builds strong character. A principal must be foresighted.

A principal’s job is not as easy one. I only hope that in the future, I can model my own leadership abilities on the ones I observed in school. I hope I can be as firm, fair, and foresighted as my principal.

Groups or organizations are an important part of some people’s lives. Why are groups or organizations important to people? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer. ronxyz
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement that young people today are less dependent on their parents than in the past. Use specific reasons and examples to support your ideas. xiaoyangyangyangyang sticky icon
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?A minimum number of physical education credits should be required for graduation college.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. annisak
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?If people have the opportunity to get a secure job, they should take it right away rather than wait for a job that would be more satisfying.Use specific reason and example to support your answer. z ansaripoor
What is your approach to problem-solving, and how does if work for you? Use specific details to support your response. a_d_6568@yahoo.com
Do you think that television programs, movies, and video games influence young people’s behavior?Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. CarolineMitias
TOEFL Official Guide - Practice Test 2 - Integrated Writing - Professors on TV visa0809 sticky icon
Integrated nargess1981
Standardized testing Standardized tests are exams given to students at the end of each academic year. The results are used to determine whether or not students move to the next grade level. As our society places more emphasis on education, many school dis yan22
51. Some people like to do only what they already do well. Other people prefer to try new things and take risks. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice. zesty

When you are assigned an important presentation for work or school, you prefer to work on it right away so that you can work on it a little bit every day, or wait until you have a good idea about the presentation? echoqishu TOEFL
Some people think that they can learn better by themselves than with a teacher. Others think that it is always better to have a teacher. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons to develop your essay. nar78 Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Actions speak louder than words. Use specific reasons and examples to support your response. nataliamenezes TOEFL
What is your ideal job? Rasha sticky icon TOEFL
A person should never make an important decision alone. Vanan sticky icon TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? at universities and collage, sports and social activities just as important as classes an library and should equal financial support? nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing
In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Doyou think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specificreasons and details. zeezoo TOEFL
Question:Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. CarolineMitias TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree students in mordern world are not respectful to their teachers like students in the past. ambikap TOEFL
facial recognition software. sonia123 sticky icon TOEFL

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Being able to speak well is better than being able to write well ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? With the help of technology, students nowadays can learn more information and learn it more quickly. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. BasilMooos91 Independent TOEFL Writing
Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throuhout their lives, looking for a better job, house,community or even climate. Which do you prefer:staying in one place or moving in search of another place? nomantic Independent TOEFL Writing
It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? bjeddi Independent TOEFL Writing
TPO14 integrated writing: Salvage logging VertFeuille Integrated TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
What do you consider to be the most important room in the house? Why is this room more important than any other room? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion andogan Independent TOEFL Writing