You are hereTOEFL essay:What change would make your hometown more appealing to people your age? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

TOEFL essay:What change would make your hometown more appealing to people your age? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

sheppard's picture

By sheppard - Posted on 25 September 2005

I think that people my age would like to have a place to go after school. They could go there to socialize, have meetings, and just relax.

In my town, there are a few tea houses, but these are reserved for our fathers and their friends. Teenagers do not go there unless it’s to carry message to their fathers. We need a place where we can meet after school to talk about school and other subjects that interest us.

At our own tea house, we could also have meetings. Those would be like club meetings. We could have a debating society, a poetry reading group, or a political club. We could meet after school one night a week and have our meetings.

We need a place where we could just relax away from our family. Our home life is very hectic; there are a lot of younger children making a lot of noise in the evening. We need a quiet place to study, read the paper, or just sit.

If our town had a tea house reserved for teenagers, it would be good for our parents since they would always know where we were. They would know that we were just socializing, or meeting, or just relaxing with our friends.

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. zeezoo TOEFL
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard TOEFL
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
College days are the best days in person’s life: Agree or disagree Lauren TOEFL
In some organizations, promotions are based on seniority, while in other organization, promotions are based on performance. Discuss the advantages of each position. Then indicate which position you think is best and why? omidway TOEFL
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. zeezoo TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Being able to speak well is better than being able to write well ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Whichwould you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
three obstacles which archaeologists confronted in Britain. mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Three ways for controlling cane toads in order not to over populate in Australia mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. okoronkwoac Independent TOEFL Writing
Topic 14:Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? mandana193 Independent TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing

People attend school for many different reasons (for example, expanded knowledge, societal awareness, and enhanced interpersonal relationships). Why do you think people decide to go to school? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. nooraleslam2011 Independent TOEFL Writing
What historical event in your country has had a major effect nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing