TOEFL integrated writing: is group the best approach?

The article states that achieving of successful project can be done by teamwork due to its benefit and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that working as a team has a negative side which may effect in reaching the targets of any project and refutes each of the authors' reasons.

First, the article posits that teamwork offers wider knowledge and skills, since it gather more than one person of different qualification and experiences, in which every member can work hard and share his or her ideas with the other team member to achieve the target of the group as whole. The professor refutes this point by saying some of the group member may not contribute in accomplishing the success of the project, because they don't do their jobs and depend on the other for doing it. He states that those people will benefit if the project is succeed because the successful will refer to the working hard of all team member not just once, which is not fair.

Second, the article posits that working as a team assists in well done the job and executes it quickly in comparing with individual work. However, the professor says that working as a team can take a long time to move ahead with the project, since they require many meeting to take satisfactory decisions.

Third, the reading says that the decisions that taken by the group as whole will be more effective and creative, that will push them to live the adventure in taking the risky decision that would never taken by individual work. While, the professor mentioned in his lecture what he called them influential people, whose effect the whole group and take the decisions that in their consideration are the most effective for reaching the goals of project, even if these decisions will bring to the company a problem and refutes the other suggestions from the rest of group, just because they aren't interested on them

Sentence: First, the article posits that teamwork offers wider knowledge and skills, since it gather more than one person of different qualification and experiences, in which every member can work hard and share his or her ideas with the other team member to achieve the target of the group as whole.
Description: The fragment it gather more is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace gather with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages or as less as possible.