TOPIC# 16 IT HAS RECENTLY BEEN ANNOUNCED THAT A NEW RESTAURANT MAY BE BUILT IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. DO YOU SUPPORT OR OPPOSE THIS PLAN? WHY?

Having a restaurant in the neighborhood has many advantages that outweighs its disadvantages. I personally support the idea of building a new restaurant in our locality for two main reasons. First, it would be easier to prepare food in some difficult conditions. Second, it would help the district to prosper more.

To begin with, by having a restaurant in the vicinity, food is more easily available especially when we are in a hurry or we have some unexpected guests or friends. It happens sometimes when we either are not in the mood to cook food for our family or do not have enough time to squander on cooking, so if there was a restaurant near our home, we could simply order a quick food delivery or fetch it by ourselves in a minute. Moreover, it would be much more relieving and comforting to know that if our friends or relatives showed up at short notice, we would not have to worry about dinner since we could take them out for dinner, and it would not take long. For example, my brother, as a manager, does not have much time to cook meals at home, so he usually gets food from his neighborhood restaurant on his way home.

Second, a new restaurant itself would bring a lot of amenities and job opportunities to the district. Once a restaurant is built in the neighborhood, it will attract numerous other stores and businesses such as groceries, supermarkets, or maybe a shopping mall, and a lot of people from other areas would come to our area to provide their needs. This way our locality would gradually flourish, and, subsequently, a lot of various part-time and full-time job positions would be created for residents seeking a living near to their accommodation place. For instance, there was an old famous restaurant near my uncle's house. That many people visiting the area because of the restaurant lured investors to construct an enormous shopping center and a multilevel parking lot. Right now, the area has changed so much that I cannot believe this district is the one that I remember from my childhood.

To conclude, I long for having a new restaurant in our quarter since it would bring more comfort on food preparation for residents, and offer varied vacancies and affluence to the neighborhood. Although it would make the district overcrowded, I feel it is good to have a new restaurant near our home.