When famous people such as actors, athletes and rock stars give their opinions, many people listen. Do you think we should pay attention to these opinions? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Paying attention to celebrities’ comments or ignoring them is a personal choice. But I would pay attention to a celebrity’s talk only if he is talking of the field he is concerned with. These reasons for my opinion are listed and elaborated as follows:

People become famous in their respective field because they have proved themselves in that field. Because of the person’s knowledge and experience, he is valued and respected. For instance, the retired cricket player Kapil Dev. He was the captain of Indian cricket team. So if he gives reviews of the game he has just witnessed as an audience, and suggest that the game should have been played using other strategies, people are interested in knowing what he says because he has experience that and has knowledge about it. Because he is the one under whose regime India had won it’s first world cup match.

But there are cases in which an actor enters politics and contests elections. He works on his films and simultaneously works in politics. The gives speeches in favor of the party and attends political rallies during elections. If such an actor comments about politics and government, I would definitely not pay attention to his remarks because he does not dedicate his entire time and energy to politics. His expertise is acting and hence his remarks on acting and films would be much valued. And as he is focusing on other projects, his knowledge regarding politics would be shallow.

Hence, one should think wisely before paying attention to anybody’s opinion. One should judge the person’s background and field of expertise before following any celebrity or a famous person.

Sentence: The gives speeches in favor of the party and attends political rallies during elections.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to gives and speeches