When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success". Do you agree or disagree with quotation above? Use specific reason and examples to support your opinion.

In the quote above it is claimed that success cannot be achieved without hard work. More than that, it is also claimed that luck or chance cannot affect success. Although I can agree with the first part of the quote, I do have reservations regarding the second part.

In most cases, success is a situation which is not ordinary or relatively rare in one's life. From this possible definition, we can understand that a person must act or do something which is not ordinary in his daily life in order or achieve it. Therefore, in order to achieve some kind of success, one got to "work" for it, or invest some of his time. For example, in order for a student to understand a certain type of math issue, he only needs to listen in class and pay attention to the teacher. Not an extraordinary task. However, in order for him to succeed in the final exam, he needs to spend more time doing homework, and in thinking harder for solving difficult math problems. Therefore, doing certain tasks which are not entwined in his daily life. This example illustrated the fact the in order for one to succeed, he needs to make some kind of an extraordinary effort – big or small – for achieving some kind of success.

After supporting the first part of the quote, no I will disagree with the second one, regarding to LUCK. Although it depends how you define luck, I see it as some kind of opportunity. In order for succeed in a situation; he has to have to receive the opportunity to succeed. Let's take the example from above, the student studying math. In order for the student to success in his final exam, he needs to be in a math class, which means he needs to be in a school. Although for us school is an experience which is mandatory in our youth years, we should remember that half of the world's population didn't study in school, didn't have the opportunity. So, if the student was born for example in Africa, it mostly didn't have the opportunity to succeed in math. No one can decide where he will be born or to which family, it is luck, opportunity.

To summarize, although hard work has a great role in achieving success, luck has it important place too. Without the opportunity to be in a situation, one cannot succeed in a specific circumstance.

Sentence: This example illustrated the fact the in order for one to succeed, he needs to make some kind of an extraordinary effort big or small for achieving some kind of success.
Description: The tag an article is not usually followed by in
Suggestion: Refer to the and in

Sentence: In order for succeed in a situation; he has to have to receive the opportunity to succeed.
Description: The token for is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to for and succeed