When you are assigned an important presentation for work or school, you prefer to work on it right away so that you can work on it a little bit every day, or wait until you have a good idea about the presentation?

If the past has taught me anything, it must be having a whole picture in your head before you take any action. Therefore, when it comes to whether working on your presentation right away or waiting until having a good idea, my answer is definitely to wait until you have a good idea.

The main reason for my propensity is that it insures you in the event of revising over and over again. People often go to extremes to provide their audiences with their unique and fantastic ideas. However, since inspiration hardly comes into being when people set about preparing their presentation, they become quite illogical when they try to decide what can be taken into consideration and what cannot be. It thus leads to repeated modification, which wastes not only time but also energy. Take myself as an example, last week, I was assigned a presentation about the history of Mediterranean arts, I made up my mind to work on it a little bit for the sake of lightening the load at the deadline. As you can see, it's not at all clear what the first step should be. My thoughts jumbled and raced like children fighting. I hardly know which facts to select from the great mass of evidence that steadily accumulates since I lacked a framework. Therefore, I added all the valuable information I believed. As you can tell from the top of head, the presentation seemed so disorganized and thus I had to redoing the whole presentation. Needless to say, working on it a little bit every day wastes me so much energy.

Similarly, there is another factor deserving some words is that a good idea could improve efficiency as well as quality. Once you possess a good idea, you could release your inspiration freely and naturally in your presentation. First of all, you are able to construct a framework, which makes your presentation seems more logic and organized. Secondly, a good idea helps you to select useful information to express your thought precisely and get rid of redundant words. The last but not the least, it enables you to prepare your work at one go from the beginning to the end, enhancing the efficiency and improving the quality.

In a word, it is sagacious to support the statement that it is better to have a good idea before you preparing the presentation.

Sentence: If the past has taught me anything, it must be having a whole picture in your head before you take any action.
Suggestion: Sentence: If the past has taught me anything, it must be having a whole picture in my mind before I take any action.