You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice

If I had enough money to make a purchase between either a house or a business, I would first evaluate the market scenario and then decide which one would be a wise purchase. But in any case I would make sure that my purchase would generate income for me in the future.

If the money is not enough to buy a big house, or may be I do not get a big house in the prime location, then I would invest my money in business. It is said in business, ‘larger the capital, larger the profit.’ and hence even if I did not own a house, I would rent a place for myself and pay rent for the place through the money obtained from profit. Hence my investment would be a source of income for me.

But if I had a large sum of money, enough to buy an apartment with many rooms then I would definitely buy a house. As the house would have many rooms, I would use the necessary number of rooms for my family and me and rent out the other rooms to pay guests. In this way, I would also own the property and generate money out of it while affording a comfortable living. I would definitely take deposits and sign contracts with the paying guests so as to avoid untoward problems in the future.

By buying a house and renting it out, I will eliminate all the risks that are involved in business. I will also be subjected to lesser degree or no stress at all. As I would own anyone money or have any risk of my investment, I can also start investing in other property with the excess rent that has been left after using for my needs. Unlike any other business, stock market rarely affects the property prices. Hence I would be on a relatively safe side.

So, if I have enough money and favorable conditions, I would definitely buy a house rather than investing my money in business.