249. Social networks like Facebook and MySpace have pictures and a lot of information about users on their home page. If you were a parent, what would be the appropriate age that you would allow your son/daughter to join a social network? Why?

Speaking topics in text

Online speaking recording
Speaking category

Thanks a lot for the score. Today i got my TOEFL score and i got 26 on speaking. But very low on reading, i got 10 on reading. So in 2 weeks i'l be taking the test again. That's why i am practicing the speaking and writing section again. Please give some suggestions on reading, listening and also to score 28 on speaking.

Thanks a lot,
Anju

It is good to get 26 in speaking which is exactly the marks we gave you, but 10 in reading is too low. Unfortunately there are no reading section in testbig yet.

To get more marks in reading, the best and only practicing is reading TPO from ETS. Don't use materials from Longman or Barron etc. When you are doing the TPO reading section, don't guess the answers, choose the answers that you are 100% sure.

There are some listening practicing in testbig, you can go and check it out:
http://www.testbig.com/advanced_listening/TOEFL

just practice those titled by 'TOEFL listening TPO...', if not, refresh the page and you will get a new one.

Write one essay one day if possible. Try to remember the pattern:

Para 1: introduction. my choice: A or B. agree or disagree.

Para 2:First,reason 1 (1 sentence) + why reason 1(some arguments. 2-3 sentences) + examples for reason 1 (around 2 sentences) + small conclusions (like advantages of reason 1 or comparisons if not reason 1, 1-2 sentences).

Para 3:Second,reason 2 ,blabla... do the same thing like First

Para 4:Third, reason 3 blabla... do the same thing like First but shorter

Para 5: Conclusion.

Your problem in essay writing is that you try to develop a lot of ideas in one essay. The correct way is: Focus on one idea in one essay body like the pattern.

For speaking, your problem is that:

1.you have some 'ehn' in the speaking which doesn't show off the fluency.

2.and put more content if possible.

3.the conclusion is optional.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, i really appreciate it. Ya i'l try to read from TPO. And will post at-least 1 essay daily, avoid ehn in speaking. Yes i am practicing listening from your website. Right now i am using Cambridge preparation book with 7 practice tests CD. And i got 22 on writing, which i need to improve 4 more points.

Thanks a lot,
Anju