TOEFL TPO 11 SPEAKING TASK 3
Announcement: Housing Renovations Planned
Over the last ten years, the number of Central College students living on campus in dormitories has decreased by twenty percent. In an effort to counteract the trend, the college has announced a plan to renovate its on-campus housing. The renovations will take two years, and they will include improvements to the bathrooms, lighting, and heating in the dormitories. “A lot of people are moving off campus because the dorms aren’t in great shape,” explained the college president. “y renovating the dorms, we can make them more appealing than off-campus housing, and more students will choose to remain on campus.”
W: The college is making a mistake with this new plan. M: What do you mean? I think it’ll really help accomplish the college 's goals. W: Don’t be so sure. All that construction, for two years? It's gonna create a lot of noise. Well, you mean in the beginning, for students still living in the dorms.
M: Yeah, students who are trying to sleep or do work are constantly going to be disturbed. So people will try to get as far away as possible. Probably by moving off campus. So they will lose even more people.
W: Hen, I hadn't thought of that. But still, once all the construction is over, more people will probably want to live in the dorms, right? I mean the living conditions will be so much better.
If they can afford to, do you know how the college is planning on paying for this plan? By raising the cost of campus housing.
M: Oh, I didn't realize that.
W: Yeah, so if it's more expensive, why would people want to move back into the dorms if they can rent an apartment for less money?
- How often do you use a map?Did you learn how to use a map when you were younger?Which one is better? electronic map or paper map?In a city, did you ask others for direction? (80)
- Do you usually travel by car?When is your last time traveling by taxi? (75)
- What kind of weather do you generally prefer?Is sometimes weather makes you feel different?Do you talk about weather with your friends?Would you like to visit a place that is extremely hot or extremely cold? (70)
- Do you like the place you live now?Do you know many people live near you?Is your living area a good place for family with children? (80)
- Do you often take breaks when you are working or studying?What do you usually do when you take a break?How do you feel when taking a break? (80)
- Do you enjoy doing any household tasks?How can you make household tasks more interesting?Did you help with household tasks when you were a child?In the future, will that be good if machines do all household tasks? (65)
- How much time do you spend with your friends?When did you first meet your best friend?Would you prefer to have lots of friends or few special friends? (56.6667)
- Are there many public holidays in Taiwan?Which is your favorite public holiday?What do you usually do on public holidays?Do you think there should be more public holidays in Taiwan? (73.33329999999999)
- Do you have a favorite teacher in your school?How have the teacher helped you?Are you still in contact with any of your teachers?Would you like to be a teacher? (80)
- Do you enjoy spending time at natural places?What is the best way to learn about nature?Have you ever been camping by the sea of mountains?Is the countryside a good place to live? (80)