Growth up Man

Growth up Man

Growth up Man

Ignorance. Laziness. I wanted all two to die away from me before I enroll to the university. In 2010, however, ignorance results obstacles. After my graduation from grade 12, I could not elude from it. I did not have the courage to be ignorant of the great number of things in order to avoid the disaster of being ignorant of everything. No further suggestions were attentive, but I have to start to change from now on.

So I forced myself into training the following months with confident and self-governing t fit on Sydney Smith’s quotation, “Have the courage to be ignorant of a great number of things, in order the calamity of being ignorant of everything.” I soon realized that my ignorance and laziness caused struggle to my beloved family and myself. I also ascertained that rarely spoke against my behavior with convincing talk. My father was an intelligent and sensible man; he loved his family, his job, and his reputation. Now, however, he became a gambler and an ailing man. This reminded me of Oscar Wilde’s quotation, “Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it, and the bloom is gone.”

While I did my homework in my room I heard someone calling me below the house. “Rida, can you come down and talk with me?” my mother intoned to me while she was in the kitchen room. “Mom, what’s wrong?” I questioned my mother. “I want you to talk with your father one day about he should prohibit gambling. I had an arena about it with him as a million times. It is time for you to save our family from bankrupt,” she clamored behind my back. “Sorry mom, I can’t do that because I am a young man and being his son. I should follow the hierarchy of our cultural principles. He is an old man, not a child; I think he knew what to do,” I demanded to her. “But you have to dig deeper about it…,”she persuade me. “Ok. Please give me more time mom. I need to complete my homework,” I carelessly replied.

The next day, my father visited home, but he stayed only thirty minutes. However, I did not talk with him about my mother’s request. It is a sad story when come to talk about the secret of my family. There are thirty days a week and sixty days for two months; in fact, my father came home one.

I waited for him and kept my patience for the next two months. At last, he came home again on Saturday morning. We had a little talk with each other as a connection between a son and a father. Then he said he needs to go to work. I called him, “Daddy…” I started to feel the vibration of feeling uneasy from inside me. He turned back and said, “What’s up son?” “Nothing... Good luck on your way.” I knew that I ignored my responsibility again.

Consequently, I have to wait for him again for the same length period. I walked toward him. He would not even look at me. Feeling helpless unconfident and embarrassed, I asked my father to ban gambling. “Well, thanks son, but I can’t,” he said with his eyes filled anger and embarrassed. “I can’t bear to see our family ruin because of you with my naked eyes.” “Let me alone son and give me more time. “You mean let you alone? Stop it daddy. We don’t want to leave you alone,” I angrily spoke. “Ok, I will stop it son.” He hugged me and I felt the moisture from his eyes dropped on my chick.

I have freedom and wisdom now. I see the beautiful of nature around me and my growth.