Letter of mine

Letter of mine

In order to have effective role in this competitive world, I should be specialized in a specific field. Although I have studied Master of Food Science and Technology, my strong desire to study and research more in the field of Packaging, I have decided to pursue my education towards second Master degree in this field.

I was born in the February of 1988 in Tabriz, a western city in Iran, which is located in mountain region. During my childhood, I was always encouraged by my non- educated parents to experience and explore the unknown; an attitude that later became part of my personality. Although I used to study at a small and non-advanced city, I decided to pursue my study diligently to deal my academic problems and shortages. I believe that I was a successful person in this way because I was a top student during elementary and high school. In addition, I could enter to university through a nationwide entrance exam and get governmental partial funding for bachelor study (Among more than 500000 participants).

I took up Food Science and Technology as my undergraduate major in University of DD affiliated to the prestigious food engineering programs based in Iran. My tendency towards Food Science was initially developed my experimental and technical skills by taking variety of courses. Moreover, frequent visits from fifteen major food factories increased my understanding of the widespread fascinating Industrial world. I took internship in Flour Production, Dairy Production and Iranian National Standard Organization. To nurture my interest and further my knowledge, I decided to go on to higher education. By admitting through another nationwide exam and ranked top 2 % among participants in the nationwide university entrance exam my master period was started. I obtained a master's of degree from Isfahan university of Technology (Iranian third ranked university), department of Food Science and Technology through getting governmental partial funding.

I worked in the laboratory of Professor Mahmud on my thesis. Generally, the thesis proposal could convince committee members for getting meaningful results: hence, I could get partial research grant from Iranian Nanotechnology Intuitive Council to cover my thesis's consumables. My thesis was about packaging entitled physical properties and antimicrobial effect of nanocomposite containing Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol/chitosan and zinc oxide nanoparticles. Our aim was to prepare a packaging material for foodstuffs from biodegradable polymers with excellent physical, mechanical and antimicrobial properties. Prepared nanocomposite films had developed traits, which were be applicable for improving food shelf life. Finally, I have published one paper at an international journal (Journal of Food Measurement and Characteristics), and have submitted second paper to another international journal (International Food Research Journal) that is under revising. Also, I have already published two papers in the national conference.

One of the most problematic issues in the world is Packaging since it harms the industry millions of dollars each year. Some agricultural products are sent to foreign countries for packaging, or some of the prepared foodstuffs may be spoiled owing to the lack of the proportionate packaging strategies. My study in this field guarantees my position as a professional researcher in both industry and academic environment. Being in the industry setting as an internship, provided an opportunity to view the packaging problems in a different perspective. Take the profitable industry of pistachio, saffron and citrus as examples at Iran: although Iran is top ranked to produce them, most of these products are sent to foreigner countries just because of lack of knowledge in packaging since it makes a potential to return millions of dollars to my country. Specially, I am interested to make clever solutions for improving packaging materials and preparing environment-friendly polymers by researching in interdisciplinary science, like packaging, nanotechnology and bio-based polymers science. Take the advantage of by-products and wasted materials to make biodegradable polymers with adding nanoparticles to their matrix, is one of my ideas for preparing excellent packaging materials, which are compatible with any commodity. Nanotechnology improves matrix resistant, flexibility and antimicrobial properties. Also, bio-based polymers are really cost effective and compatible with natural.

Working for my master degree exposed me to state-of-the art research, and helped me to acquire a thorough understanding of related disciplines, including Packaging science. It also made me realize I am deeply interested in the study of packaging. My intention for applying the Master program at the Institute of Technology is due to its outstanding role in packaging science as well as its honorable faculty, high of quality and strong research facilities, where have certainly brought me closer to the realization of this goal. This department has special and professional programs just for considering challenging packaging problems that is an opportunity to extend my knowledge and skills. Not only private institutes, but also governmental organizations are seeking prestigious students from this field so they encourage me to continue my Master study at the Institute of Technology under Professor Chang supervision.

At the end, I hope that this purpose statement will be able to convince you that I have many capabilities & talents for continuing my study in Institute of Technology.

which is located in mountain region.
which is located in a mountain region.

Paragraph one, two and three are not developed well. Check out some sample SOP to see how others introduce themselves.

-------------------