Marital and Family Therapy ProgramThe field of Marital and Family Therapy (MFT) focuses on psychology as it relates to an individual’s relationships and the influences on his/her systems. In MFT settings you will likely assist individuals from diverse bac

Marital and Family Therapy Program

The field of Marital and Family Therapy (MFT) focuses on psychology as it relates to an individual’s relationships and the influences on his/her systems. In MFT settings you will likely assist individuals from diverse backgrounds in a variety of different contexts. Please tell us in 750 words (3 typed pages) reasons why you want to receive your Psy.D. in Marital and Family Therapy. Include what your career aspirations are and some of the challenges you might encounter when working with diverse individuals.

My initial inspiration for becoming a therapist came partly from my country’s situation and the environment in which I grew up and partly from my first degree in art, which changed my focus from looking at art creations to the mind creating the art. This triggered my interest in knowing the way people’s minds function and how they cope with daily life situations. I started with myself, participating in a wide variety of comprehensive self-discovery courses such as all-day seminars and workshops as well as week-long journeys of theory and meditation, along with occasional private therapy se...