Statement of Purpose

Statement of Purpose

To be honest, I chose Mechanical Engineering hastily when I was 19. Those days I was still a teenager and I chose the major without any scrutiny. However, it was one of former's professors' advice that made me to think about my life seriously. Besides, after receiving my Associate’s degree I felt that I started to enjoy understanding the mechanisms of physical phenomena : Each of the major’s courses, like The Strength of Materials, or Statics, was trying to guarantee a portion of a more convenient human life, something making me happy.

By the time I finished my Bachelor’s, my progressively heightened yearn to become a professor/researcher had been already crystallized in my mind. I developed an interest in Fluid Mechanics for my Master’s because of phenomenal characteristics of fluids and their great diversity. Moreover, I was enthusiastic to know how they could be carriers of momentum and energy in detail. Even during those enervating days of my Active Service in 2010, I didn’t interrupt my attempts to prepare for National Universities’ Master’s program entrance exam. And I did it. passed the exam.

It was Dr. Negar, my supervisor, who helped me to set my Master’s path : Based on the course Numerical Analysis and upon his advice, I became motivated to take the CFD course to deeply consider the case, which consequently helped me to choose the backbone of my thesis : Numerical Simulations. Another advisor, Dr. Hesni, helped me to take another valuable course Convective Heat Transfer.

You have a suitable program in which there are a lot of adroit faculty members who are currently doing research through Micro-/ Nanofluidics, interdisciplinary approaches, and other research areas, similar to my research interests. Also, research expenditures at your college of engineering have experienced a sharp rise from 25M$/year to more than 80M$/year in the past decade that indicates you place a premium on research, something which shows your keep faith with research. And is there anything more interesting for a prospective doctoral student than these signs?

I have taught general mathematics I and II for Associate’s degree students as a Teacher Assistant during Fall 2012 semester when I was a Master’s student. Also, I have the teaching experience of the same courses in Payame Noor University, Shahriar branch in Tehran during Fall 2014 after my graduation. I have experience of open source physical phenomena simulators like OpenFOAM which though it was not an industrial experience, but helped me to understand this powerful software.

Moreover I’m familiar with numerical simulation, heat, and mass transport phenomena, porous media, low Darcy number, meso scale fluid flow investigations, and some basics of two phase flow systems. And because I believe that it’s time to look at the Fluid Mechanics in a broader view, I’m interested to pursue my studies in “department of Mechanical Engineering “ specifically through micro- / nano scale phenomena, multiphase flows, MEMS, and application of fluid mechanics into real life phenomena, maybe, through cooperative interdisciplinary studies. Also, with the emerge of new concerns, like new diseases, One of the scientists’ most powerful tools of research is nothing but micro-/nano scale investigations. Thus, my future practical researches of interest seem related and complementary to my past abstract numerical experience. For the case of micro-/nano scale studies, which I haven’t studied during my Master’s program, I have scheduled a useful self preparation program until Fall 2015.

I believe that the above mentioned enthusiasms to research and my past experience on teaching would make me a candidate to receive Research- and/or Teaching Assistantship. In the near future, I can see myself Pursuing my way through a postdoc and after that as a faculty member as next, but not last, episodes of my goal.

I hold all professors in the faculty in great esteem and I admire their skill in their areas. For my specific research interests mentioned above, I would be glad if I pursue my studies under supervision of professor and professor as my potential advisors.

I sincerely hope that I qualify all the requirements for admission into your Graduate Program and that my application is favorably received by the admissions committee.

Warmest Personal Regards,
Recolor

Sentence: However one of my commanders didn't cooperate, and on the same day of my first midterm : Numerical Analysis course, he called me to attend the casern, and I simply lost the exam. through a sequence of added sabotage my whole first semester was ruined.
Error: casern Suggestion: ?

Sentence: For my specific research interests mentioned above, I would be glad if I pursue my studies under supervision of professor and professoras my potential advisors.
Error: professoras Suggestion: professors

Better to talk more why you choose that university you are going to apply. Don't need to show off USA:

So why U.S? First off, the U.S is a country where all concerns are in an optimum balance with each other : the US may not be the first in, for example, “prosperity index ranking” (by the way, US is 10th, and Norway is 1st), but after all, when we are going to scrutinize all aspects of today’s human being’s concerns holistically, the US’s big picture is the best. Also, it seems that the democracy holds sway in the U.S better than any other country. Finally, its educational system with more than 3000 colleges/universities comes pretty hospitable to domestic and international students, specially graduated ones. Even a quarter of these advantages comes compelling for me to make my decision to study in the U.S.