Bus Bombing Kills 15 in Pakistan

17 March, 2016

A bomb exploded on a crowded bus Wednesday in the northwestern Pakistan town of Peshawar, killing 15 and injuring 30.

Most of the victims were government employees. Video of the attack showed the explosion destroyed the bus.

One eyewitness said: "The roof of the bus was completely blown off by the bomb. I saw many dead bodies and severely injured people being rushed to the hospital."

A police investigation concluded the bomb was hidden under a seat in the bus.

An organization close to the Pakistani Taliban said it carried out the attack. The organization said the bombing was revenge for death sentences given to 13 of its fighters on Tuesday, according to Al Jazeera.

The town of Peshawar has witnessed violence in the past. Bombings and shootings by the Pakistani Taliban have taken place there in the past months.

I'm Jim Dresbach.

Ayaz Gul reported on this story for VOANews. Jim Dresbach adapted his report for Learning English. Kathleen Struck was the editor.

Do you have political violence where you live? Tell us about it in the Comments Section and on testbig.com.

________________________________________________________________

eyewitnessn. a person who sees something happen and is able to describe it

revengen. the act of doing something to hurt someone because that person did something that hurt you