Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Nov. 21

November 19,2015

We’re lighting the fuse on the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending November 21, 2015.

After Adele and Justin Bieber’s devastating one-two punch last week, our latest chart pauses to catch its breath.

Number 5: "What Do You Mean?" Justin Bieber

In fifth place, Justin still holds with “What Do You Mean?” Justin released his fourth full-length album Purpose on November 13, and critics have generally been kind. Billboard gave the album four out of five stars, as did the U.K.’s Telegraph. NME and the Guardian were more conservative, doling out three-star reviews, with the latter pronouncing that the songs are more interesting than Justin’s voice.

Another of those songs, “Sorry,” dips two slots to fourth place. Never mind the critics – how’s Purpose performing in the marketplace?

Number 4: "Sorry," Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber steps back two slots to fourth place with “Sorry.” Justin’s Purpose album stormed out of the gate, and at least here in the United States, it appears he’s headed for a number one debut. Billboard cites sources as saying Purpose could ring up first-week sales topping 500,000.

Number 3: "The Hills" The Weeknd

The Weeknd rebounds a slot to third place with his former champ “The Hills.” The Canadian singer is moving into apparel merchandising. He has launched his own clothing line, Official Issue XO, and last week, took to Instagram to preview his collaborations with designer Alexander Wang. They arrived online on November 18.

Number 2: "Hotline Bling" Drake

Hip-hop clotheshorse Drake is on the attack this week, as “Hotline Bling” returns to the runner-up slot. Do we know when his next album will drop?

Speculation about the release date for his Views From The 6 album is rampant, and was further fueled by a recent video…the clip proclaims the album will arrive on January 6. Let’s see if Drake releases any more mysterious clues.

Number 1: "Hello" Adele

No mysteries at number one: Adele spends a second week atop the Hot 100 with “Hello.” The song continues to set sales records. It sold 480,000 digital copies in the United States in its third week of release. That makes it the fastest-selling single since Elton John’s “Candle In The Wind 1997.” That’s 18 years!

Will Adele prevail for a third week? You know the answer: join us in seven days and we’ll find out!