Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Nov. 7

November 05,2015

These are the five most popular songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, for the week ending November 7, 2015.

Number 5: Taylor Swift "Wildest Dreams "

Intrigue, rumors, and photos of cats: welcome to Taylor Swift’s world. Our fifth-place artist likes to mix it up on and offstage. She's the week’s newcomer, as “Wildest Dreams” jumps a slot. It’s the fifth single from her 1989 album…three of which have gone to number one.

On Saturday October 31, Taylor closed her North American tour in Tampa, Florida. Among her guests was Frozen singer Idina Menzel…and yes, of course, they sang “Let It Go.” From here, Taylor Swift hits Singapore, Shanghai, China, and Australia, where she plays seven shows ending on December 12.

Number 4: Shawn Mendes "Stitches"

Shawn Mendes rises a notch to number four with “Stitches.” The Canadian teen has been working with non-profit foundation Pencils For Promise to construct a school in the African nation of Ghana.

On October 30, Shawn announced that he had exceeded his goal of raising $25,000 online. He launched his campaign on October 14, meeting 98 percent of his goal after just one social media post.

Number 3: Justin Bieber "What Do You Mean?"

One of the kings of social media, Justin Bieber, is next on the list: he used the Internet to show the song lineup for his next album. On October 28, Justin unveiled the song list for his upcoming album, Purpose.

He tweeted photos of graffiti bearing the song titles, sprayed on walls around the world. Purpose is Justin’s fourth album, and we’ll get it on November 13.

Number 2: Drake "Hotline Bling"

As for the next Drake album, your guess is as good as mine, but he will figure in another upcoming release. What we do know is that his next full-length album is titled Views From The 6.

In the meantime, Lil’ Wayne announced that his new mixtape No Ceilings 2 will feature him rapping over two Drake tracks. It should drop on Thanksgiving: November 26.

Number 1: The Weeknd "The Hills"

The Weeknd keeps the Hot 100 crown for a sixth big week with “The Hills.” On October 31, comedian Aziz Ansari dressed as The Weeknd for Halloween. He also did a pretty nifty impression of the singer on the lip-synching app Dubsmash.

Our parade of smash hits is over for now, but join us in seven days for an all-new lineup.