Designs of buildings have positive or negative impact on people's life and work.

Submitted by vaisham on Wed, 05/01/2019 - 11:59

Shape of buildings is a marvellous art of architecture. Design of the buildings in which we spend most of our life time creates a massive impact on ones' life and work. They shape many important aspects of our life such as behaviour, effectiveness of study or work, mental or physical comfortness and so on.

Firstly, design of the building reflects our rich and wealthy tradition and culture. Without passing hand on material or experience regarding our culture and tradition to next generation, buildings speak a lot about it. For instance, forts and palaces of kings and queens and many other historical sites give us a chance to imagine and to explore the roots of our culture and tradition. Therefore, it helps in preservation of such glorious history of mankind. In addition, buildings of that or current era showcase the possession of people and can help to differentiate whether they belong to affluent, medium or poor class. This differentiation motivates and encourages all people to work more efficiently and effectively to reach to a certain point in life.

Secondly, the way in which we design the building for our home or work gives the exposure of light and air which are required elements for survival. The presence of light and air throughout the day or night has a psychological effect on our mind. For example, by having proper air and light in building, patients in hospital recover better and earlier, children in school performs well in their academic, make employees efficient, effective, productive and energetic in companies or offices. By having a positive shape of building in our life, we are able to remain more focused and alert to our work. In addition to these two elements, shape, space and color, of a building help us to relieve mental as well as physical stress. All these soothe our mind and improve our sleep quality which helps us to go with a more intense on each and every day for our work. Moreover, attractive and unique shape and design of shopping malls, shops and restaurants allure more customers to come along.

To conclude, the ugly design of a building affects people in a negative way. Therefore, buildings should be designed by considering all the aspects which brings harmony and peace in our mind to propel us towards brighter and prosperous future.