Department of Philosophy Master’s Scholarships at University of Auckland in New Zealand

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 05/27/2013 - 18:33

University of Auckland Business SchoolThe University of Auckland, Department of Philosophy is offering scholarships to fund Masters thesis in Philosophy. Four scholarships are offered each year for a value of NZ$5,000. The Scholarship will be paid in two installments: one in the first, and one in the second semester. Applications must be sent online till 30th may in the year of the award and 1st December in the year preceding the year of the award. The basis of selection will be academic merit and potential.

Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided in Master of Arts by thesis in Philosophy offered by the  University of Auckland.
Course Level: These scholarships are available for pursuing Master’s degree .
Scholarship Provider: The University of Auckland, Department of Philosophy
Scholarship can be taken at: New Zealand.

Eligibility: -Scholarships will be awarded to master’s candidates who have paid the fees, or arranged to pay the fees, for full-time enrollment in the degree of Master of Arts by thesis in Philosophy.
-The basis of selection will be academic merit and potential.

Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of New Zealand can apply for this scholarship.

Scholarship Description: These Master’s Scholarships were established in 2008 and are funded by the Department of Philosophy. The main purpose of the Scholarships is to fund Master’s thesis students in Philosophy. Four scholarships are offered each year for a value of NZ$5,000. The Scholarship will be paid in two instalments: one in the first, and one in the second semester. The Scholarship may be concurrently held with any other award or grant as long as a) the terms of that award or grant permit and b) The University of Auckland Council is informed and approves. The University of Auckland Council, in consultation with the Donor, has the power to terminate or suspend a Scholarship if it receives an unsatisfactory report on the progress of a Scholar from the Head of the Department of  Philosophy. The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit or funding is not available. The University of Auckland has the power to amend or vary these Regulations, in consultation with the Donor, provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.

Number of award(s): 4 Scholarships are offered.

Duration of award(s): Scholarships are offered up to 12 months.

What does it cover? Total offer is of $5,000.

Selection criteria: The basis of selection will be academic merit and potential.

Notification: A decision will be made approximately six weeks after the closing date by letter.

How to Apply: Applications must be sent by way of a form and CV close with the Scholarships Office on 30 May in the year of the award and 1 December in the year preceding the year of the award.

Scholarship Application Deadline: Application Deadlines are 30th May 2013 for 2013  and 1st December 2013 for 2014 (Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 30 May in the year of the award and 1 December in the year preceding the year of the award).

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application