Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be

Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

News in either the written or the video form should be just that; nothing more or less. It should be the unbiased reporting of the facts and should sensationalized and manufactured for anyone’s personal benefit. Scandals though very high on the entertainment scale serve little or no actual purpose in increasing the awareness amidst the masses or help in proper understanding of the world around us.

It has to be said that the number of these unsavory stories has risen over the years and this does mean that the human moral code has come down. There has been rise of television channels dedicated in exploring these accounts and also since they do buy in more viewership the news channels and the daily papers have yielded into the temptation and cover these stories with more gusto than the actual news items .But scandals are merely the edge of the picture the real matter which lies beneath the juicy stories are usually forgotten.

Secondly the origin of these scandals should be questioned. Are they the absolute truth or have they staged by a person or a party to defame someone? When initially put forth the media does more than just speculate the extant of the scandal, they call forth experts in the field and garner their opinion, where it is relevant or not is entirely another matter. They have heated debates about the participants of the story but before a concrete solution or in many cases the correct facts emerge they would have already passed their verdict and would have moved on to the next big thing. In the modern era of shortened attention spans and flashing seconds of fame all that remains are the broken reputations of the people wrongly accused in these poorly investigated stories.

They may draw the focus of the crowds on the illicit activities of the people in power but what positive effect this has on present day politics is yet to be decided. Sure , the politicians and the celebrities are now more cautious of the negative publicity but has that stopped them from indulging in unlawful practices or has it just made them that much more cunning. It is also important to note that not all who are in important positions necessarily corrupt and constant intrusion into their privacy is unwarranted.

I do not condone the nefarious activities that are exposed in the scandals but I do believe that dispassionate reporting of the true and verified facts always do a better job of bringing that issues to our notice rather that the highly dramatized stories and thereby conclude saying that what a speaker has put forth is mainly considered just his ideas but what is widely published is taken to be true and hence the media must be very careful regarding the veracity of the scandal.