A recent survey of 250 adults between 30-45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours or more online e

A recent survey of 250 adults between 30-45 showed an association between the number of hours adults spend online each day and self reporting of symptoms commonly associated with depression. The survey found that adults who spend 30 hours or more online each week were twice as likely as others to report that they “frequently” had trouble concentrating. Of adults who reported spending more than 30 hours per week online, 20% also reported that they had felt “sad, down or blue” at least three times within last month.
These results suggest that spending too much time online is linked to depression and people who want to improve their well-being should strictly limit the time they spend online.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The author in the argument claims that, people who spend more time online are likely to be more depressed than the ones who don't and the author also suggests that an individual should spend less time online to improve their well-being. The argument is based on several assumptions which are not buttressed.

Firstly, the author talks about spending time online but not about what is done in the time that is spent online. What one does online is a major factor which decides whether spending time online is an impediment or not. The author should have addressed how one spends time online.

Second, the survey which is conducted does not talk about the mental conditions and moods of the adults before they started spending time online. Everything is relative thus, the author should have mentioned about the mental state of the adults before they spent time online, because there is a possibility that one was already sad or gloomy, before he/ she decided to spend time online.

Another important factor that the author should have considered before making an assertion is that, when does one spend time online. The time of the day when one is online is also a very crucial factor in deciding the impact of spending time online on the mood of an individual. If an individual stays up late night and spends time online and doesn't get adequate sleep, then one is bound to feel down, sad and tired the next morning.

Thus, it is a little too hard to accept the author's view, because there are several flaws in the statement he has made, as they are based on the assumptions which are not undergirded.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.