Essay topics: With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Nowadays, many people prefer reading the news on the Internet rather than paper format, the same situation as books. Therefore, it is true that after the introduction of World Wide Web in people’s life, there are some moments in which readers grab a printed format as a source of inform.
To begin with, newspapers are instantly available on many portable devices. The only evident thing is that the articles found in the newspaper are inserted into web pages and visualised by customers very easily. For example, a British newspaper, The Guardian has the online version and could be used by those who have access to the Internet. What is more, the Internet offers the customer’s feedback to the headline news. Therefore, the world’s tendency towards social networking encourages the news popular among the users.
Secondly, newspapers are also used by many commuters using public transport. It is a common activity to spend time in a secure way with a valid access to the news. For instance, going by land could lead to problems with receiving Internet dates because of your location on your map. You do not have signal while you are passing through a tunnel or a wide area. The similar situation happens on a plane, you are not allowed to use mobile networks. Before the plane takes off, all the passengers must activate the flight mode.
To sum up, newspaper online are an available source of information for everybody and it is widely used because it is cheap, fast and easy access.
- In the past decade, concerns regarding the safety of traditionally grown produce have arisen. Many chemicals are being used to control pests on crops, which have prompted some consumers to begin purchasing “organic” produce - fruits and vegetables tha (80)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Modern technology is creating a single world culture. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. (60)
- Chorleywood is a village near London whose population has increased steadily since the middle of the nineteenth century. The map below shows the development of the village.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the development of the village. (80)
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and (70)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, a concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. (70)
- Historically, schools in the US have borrowed the European system of school organization, a system that separates students into grades by chronological age. In general, children begin formal schooling at the age of six in what is referred to as the first (80)
- In a vote that took place at the International Astronomical Union Conference on August 24th, 2006, Pluto lost its status as a planet in our solar system. Pluto was originally discovered in 1930 when scientists were searching for something that was interfe (70)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the statement? (70)
- The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant. (80)
- Some people think that they can make as much noise as they want, while others think that the amount of noise people make should be strictly controlled. Discuss both views and include your own opinion and examples. (80)