Claim: Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.Reason: It is inappropriate—and, perhaps, even cruel—to use public resources to fund the arts when people's basic needs are n

Claim: Nations should suspend government funding for the arts when significant numbers of their citizens are hungry or unemployed.

Reason: It is inappropriate—and, perhaps, even cruel—to use public resources to fund the arts when people's basic needs are not being met.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Art is an integral part of life and humans and serves as a distinction between us and animals. Without art there would be no way of depicting and expressing ourselves emotionally, an essence only found in human nature. People rely on art to depict feelings, and science to advance as a society. Cutting any one out of the picture would greatly harm and handicap a society. Although arts might be thought of as essential needs to human survival and growth of a nation as a whole, putting people's lives at risk for the sake of art is not a very wise decision. But we should also take into account othe...

Good job!

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre