Communal online encyclopedias represent one of the latest resources to be found on the Internet. They are in many respects like traditional printed encyclopedias collections of articles on various subjects. What is specific to these online encyclopedia

Communal online encyclopedias represent one of the latest resources to be found on the Internet. They are in many respects like traditional printed encyclopedias collections of articles on various subjects. What is specific to these online encyclopedias, however, is that any Internet user can contribute a new article or make an editorial change in an existing one. As a result, the encyclopedia is authored by the whole community of Internet users. The idea might sound attractive, but the communal online encyclopedias have several important problems that make them much less valuable than traditional, printed encyclopedias.

You have 20 minutes to plan and write your response. Your response will be judged on the basis of the quality of your writing and on how well your response presents the points in the lecture and their relationship to the reading passage. Typically, an effective response will be 150 to 225 words.

Summarize the points made in the lecture you just heard, explaining how they cast doubt on points made in the reading. Click the link Write an essay by this essay topic below to start the integrated writing task.

The lecture gives some positive remarks to communal online encyclopedia which opposes the notion expressed in the passage.

Firstly, the lectures infers that none of the material can be perfectly correct, however, the data in online format is easy to edit and update which makes it superior to traditional printed encyclopedia.

Secondly, the passage says that since the online communal encyclopedia is open source, so anyone can edit it, thus making the information source unreliable but the lecture correctly informs about the new techniques that the online version has opted, like high security from hackers by making the information read only. Furthermore, they hire people who constantly monitor information and removes any incorrect information.

Thirdly, the lecture talks about space for storing information. Online version has more space than printed version, thus providing great detail to its matter.

Fourthly, the lecture points out the reading preferences of readers. The readers can easily find and read their area of interest in the online system of encyclopedia which is much tougher in printed version.

Hence, the passage is undermined by the lecture due to the above mentioned reasons.