Issue task directions

Some people claim that the goal of politics should be the pursuit of an ideal. Others argue that the goal should be finding common ground and reaching reasonable consensus.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.

actually i had not understood the directions. can you tell me should i agree/disagree or
partially agree/disagree with this type of essay.

“In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented.” and what this actually tell me to do.

Well, do the same thing with this pattern for issue essays:

paragraph 1: introduction -- explain in your own words about the issue and give a thesis statement at the end. Give a reasonable not a dogmatic statement.

paragraph 2: Admittedly, there are some advantages of side A. First, ... Second, ...

paragraph 3: However, still I support side B. reason 1 + why reason 1 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 4: reason 2 + why reason 2 + example + a small conclusion for this paragraph.

paragraph 5: conclusion -- reinforce the thesis.
---------------------------------

According to this pattern, you can consider A is 'the goal of politics should be the pursuit of an ideal. ', B is ' the goal should be finding common ground and reaching reasonable consensus'.