TPO-6

TPO-6

The article states that the communal online encyclopedia have several important problems that make them much less valuable than traditional, printed encyclopedias and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor says that the communal online encyclopedia probably never perfect but that’s small price for what it does offer and refutes each of the author’s reasons.

First, the reading asserts that the online communal lack academic credentials and contains error. The professor refutes this point by stating that the traditional encyclopedia also has errors, and it is hard to be corrected than online encyclopedia.

Second, the article posits that the communal encyclopedia gives unscrupulous users and vandals or hackers the opportunity to fabricate, delete and corrupt information on the encyclopedia. In contrast, the lecture states that the online encyclopedias have strategies to protect their articles from hackers. The articles disputes in a format that no one can make changes in it, another strategy that the online encyclopedia has an editor to monitor all the changes that made to the article and eliminate those changes.

Third, the author claims that communal encyclopedias focus more on trivial and popular topics, which creates false impression, which is important, or not. The lecture refute this point by explaining that the online encyclopedias have unlimited space, that’s why not worry if it’s include an important topics or not. Moreover, the great variety topics online reflects the genuine interest of general public

have several important problems
have several serious problems

online encyclopedia probably never perfect
online encyclopedias are probably never perfect

another strategy that the online encyclopedia has an editor to monitor
another strategy that the online encyclopedia has is an editor to monitor

which creates false impression, which is important, or not.

if it’s include an important topics
if it’s including an important topics