TPO 32 - Question 5

Speaking topics in text

TPO 32 - Question 5

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The woman is stressed out because she has to finish 3 research papers before the end of the semester and she also has to work in an office. Her problem is that there is not enough time. There are two possible solutions. The first is that she can reduce the working hours in the office. The second is that she can get an extension on history paper. But few points will be taken. If I were the girl, I would choose the second solution. Working in an office is not just a part-time job; it may also become an opportunity after graduation. Since the history professor has already granted extension, she can take it. I think losing a few points is nothing compared to a future career.

1. I don't know about you, but, I'm really looking forward to summer break.
2. I can't even think that far ahead.
3. I've got so much to do before the end of the semester.
4. I've been feeling pretty stressed out lately.
5. Why?What's going on?
6. Well, I just have so many assignments.
7. I've got three major research papers to do and they all due, basically, at the same time, in two weeks.
8. Wow!Three?That is a lot.
9. And research papers take a lot of time.
10. Right, and between my job and classes, there just aren't enough hours in the day to get them all done.
11. Well, is there anything you could cut from your schedule, I mean, you're working part-time in an office in town, aren't you?
12. Why don't you just reduce your hours there for a while, at least till you get the papers done.
13. Well, I guess I could tell my boss I need to cut back on my hours for a couple of weeks, uh, but I don't know, I haven't been working there very long.
14. I don't want to make a bad impression by asking for time off already?
15. What else could you do?
16. Well, another option is I could get an extension on one of the papers.
17. I asked one of my professors about it, my History professor, and she said it would be OK if I handed the paper in a week late.
18. So, I guess I could just concentrate on getting the other two papers done first.
19. Oh, that's great.
20. Yeah, only she said she'd have to take a few points off the grade for the paper since it would be late, you know, to be fair to the other students.
21. Oh, that's a drag.
22. So what are you gonna do?
23. Uh, I don't know yet.