TPO 18 - Question 6

Speaking topics in text

TPO 18 - Question 6

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

Two characteristics of the target customers influence a company when and where to advertise its products. The first is age. If a company makes toy cars, then its target customers are kids. So it’d better advertise during the children’s television shows to make sure the kids can see the advertisements and go to buy the toy cars. The second characteristic is geographic location that places the target customers live. Say the boat building companies. The people who own homes near oceans or lakes are absolutely the target customers, who will have much use of the boats. So placing advertisements on signs along the road or on television in cities and towns that are near oceans or lakes would help the companies to reach the target customers for its boats and sell more of them.

1. People who are likely to buy a company's product are called "target customers".
2. And these target customers influence a company's marketing strategy.
3. In order to develop a marketing strategy, a company will look at certain characteristics of the target customers to decide when and where to advertise, so that they'll reach the target customers most effectively.
4. I'd like to talk to you today about two characteristics of target customers that can influence marketing strategy, specifically age and geographies location of the target customers.
5. Say a company makes toy cars.
6. Who are it target customer?
7. Kids, right?
8. So if the company wants to make sure its television advertising reaches its target customers, they'd want to advertise during times when kids are actually watching television, like during children's television shows.
9. That way if can make sure that kids see the advertisements.
10. And that way the company would get people in that age group to go buy toy cars or to ask their parents to buy them at least.
11. Now another important characteristic to consider is geographic location, places where the company's target customers live.
12. Think about a company that makes boats.
13. Its target customers are people who own homes near oceans or lakes, places where they can use boats.
14. After all, people who don't live near water don't have much use for boats.
15. So by placing advertising on signs along the road or on television in cities and town that are near oceans or lakes, the company would be more likely to reach the target customers for its boats and sell more of them as a result.