MH17 intercepted call: 'We just shot down plane'

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 07/18/2014 - 01:02

Ukrainian English-language newspaper Kyiv Post has published a transcript of what it alleges is an intercepted conversation between Russian military intelligence officers and Cossack militants.

The call was allegedly made 20 minutes after the plane crash by Igor Bezler - who Ukraine's Security Service the SBU says is a Russian military intelligence officer and leading commander of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic.

Read more:
• LIVE UPDATES
• Malaysia Airlines jet shot down
• Pro-Russian separatist: 'We did warn you'

Bezler allegedly reports to a Vasili Geranin, a colonel in the main intelligence department of the general headquarters of the armed forces of the Russian Federation, Kyiv Post reported.

The wreckage of the Malaysia Airlines jet. Photo / AFP

The pair allegedly talk about the plane being shot down, prior to it being examined by the militants.

The second intercepted conversation released by Ukraine's Security Service is allegedly between militants nicknamed "Major" and "Greek" once the crash site had been reached.

"It's 100 per cent a passenger (civilian) aircraft," Major says in the translated conservation.

A fireball seen shortly after the crash. AP/Amateur Video accessed by APTV

Firefighters amongst the wreckage of the Malaysia Airlines jet. Photo / AFP

Relatives of passengers from Amsterdam outside the family holding area at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Photo / AFP

He says no weapons were on site. "Absolutely nothing. Civilian items, medicinal stuff, towels, toilet paper."

In the third part of conversation Cossack commander Nikolay Kozitsin talks to an unidentified militant who says the Malaysia Airlines flight must have been carrying spies, as it would have no other business flying in the area.

Igor Bezler: We have just shot down a plane. Group Minera. It fell down beyond Yenakievo (Donetsk Oblast).

Vasili Geranin: Pilots. Where are the pilots?

IB: Gone to search for and photograph the plane. It's smoking.

VG: How many minutes ago?

IB: About 30 minutes ago.

SBU comment: After examining the site of the plane the terrorists come to the conclusion that they have shot down a civilian plane. The next part of the conversation took place about 40 minutes later.

"Major": These are Chernukhin folks who shot down the plane. From the Chernukhin check point. Those cossacks who are based in Chernukhino.

"Greek": Yes, Major.

"Major": The plane fell apart in the air. In the area of Petropavlovskaya mine. The first "200" (code word for dead person). We have found the first "200". A Civilian.

"Greek": Well, what do you have there?

"Major": In short, it was 100 per cent a passenger (civilian) aircraft.

"Greek": Are many people there?

"Major": Holy sh----t! The debris fell right into the yards (of homes).

"Greek": What kind of aircraft?

"Major": I haven't ascertained this. I haven't been to the main sight. I am only surveying the scene where the first bodies fell. There are the remains of internal brackets, seats and bodies.

"Greek": Is there anything left of the weapon?

"Major": Absolutely nothing. Civilian items, medicinal stuff, towels, toilet paper.

"Greek": Are there documents?

"Major": Yes, of one Indonesian student. From a university in Thompson.

Militant: Regarding the plane shot down in the area of Snizhne-Torez. It's a civilian one. Fell down near Grabove. There are lots of corpses of women and children. The Cossacks are out there looking at all this.

They say on TV it's AN-26 transport plane, but they say it's written Malaysia Airlines on the plane. What was it doing on Ukraine's territory?

Nikolay Kozitsin: That means they were carrying spies. They shouldn't be f***ing flying. There is a war going on.

Source: Kyiv Post

Luggage is pictured on the site of the crash. Photo / AFP