EFMD to Hold Global MBA Directors Conference at ESMT in Berlin

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 02/19/2014 - 08:01

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM--(Marketwired - Feb 19, 2014) - Under the theme "Leading the MBA - From Personal Coach to Programme Innovator", the conference will address some of the key challenges encountered by MBA programme directors.

"While the MBA remains the most widely recognized postgraduate business degree, the educational landscape and the degree's place in it is changing. ESMT is delighted to host this year's EFMD MBA Conference and welcome the MBA community to Berlin to exchange experiences and ideas surrounding these developments and the role of programme directors in adapting to change," said Nick Barniville, Director of Degree Programs, ESMT European School of Management and Technology

The first morning of the conference will be dedicated to an interactive case workshop focused on "The MBA Directors Role as a Coach". The session will present a concise summary of recent research on executive coaching, as well as coaching issues faced by participants in MBA and EMBA programmes.

Other topics will include:

The EFMD MBA community is one of the key global MBA networks and the aim of the conference is to bring together MBA directors (full-time, part-time, distance learning or executive) to share and exchange ideas whilst also providing practical tools and examples that are applicable for your day-to-day work. It also provides a great networking opportunity to collaborate internationally and build your own network of MBA contacts around the world. If you are involved in leading an MBA programme this is a key annual event you must attend.

Business Schools joining the conference in Berlin including: IE Business School, RMIT University, ESADE, Rice University, The University of Adelaide, ESMT, Grenoble Graduate School of Business, EBS Business School, OU, Neoma Business School, Chulalongkorn University, St.Gallen, WHU, Lingnan University College, Sun Yat-sen University & Auckland University of Technology.

More information about the event is available via the EFMD website.

About EFMD

EFMD is a leading international network of business schools and companies (830 members/82 countries) at the forefront or raising the standards of management education and development globally. EFMD runs the EQUIS and EPAS accreditation systems as well as the EFMD Deans Across Frontiers development programme (EDAF) and the Business School Impact Survey (BSIS). EFMD is one of the key reference points for management education worldwide. More information about EFMD is available via efmd.org, the EFMD blog and @EFMDnews on Twitter.