INSTANT MBA: 'The Higher You Are, The Further You Have To Fall'

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 04/17/2013 - 18:00

Wed, Apr 17, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Jeremy Bloom

Twitter/@JeremyBloom11

Jeremy Bloom

Today's advice comes from Jeremy Bloom, a world-champion skier, via Entrepreneur:

"I knew that the higher you are, the further you have to fall. That provoked me into planting seeds all over the place."

Bloom experienced success early in his career. At 17, he was the youngest male to make it on the U.,S. Ski Team and was national champion that year and world champion and Olympian at 19.

After the Olympics, he was drafted by the  Philadelphia Eagles, then later with the  Pittsburgh Steelers, but at some point during his athletics career, he knew he needed to create other professional opportunities for himself. 

In 2006, Bloom enrolled at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School of Business.

"You're never able to truly achieve this greatness that you think exists, because it doesn't — there's always more."

Want your business advice featured in Instant MBA? Submit your tips to tipoftheday@businessinsider.com. Be sure to include your name, your job title, and a photo of yourself in your email.

Quotes are real-time for NASDAQ, NYSE, and NYSEAmex when available. See also delay times for other exchanges. Quotes and other information supplied by independent providers identified on the Yahoo! Finance partner page. Quotes are updated automatically, but will be turned off after 25 minutes of inactivity. Quotes are delayed at least 15 minutes. All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Neither Yahoo! nor any of independent providers is liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. By accessing the Yahoo! site, you agree not to redistribute the information found therein.

Fundamental company data provided by Capital IQ. Historical chart data and daily updates provided by Commodity Systems, Inc. (CSI). International historical chart data and daily updates provided by Morningstar, Inc.

Yahoo! - ABC News Network

Article references
finance.yahoo.com