Isenberg School of Management Ranked #12 Nationally by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Graduate MBA Programs

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 01/20/2015 - 19:34

Amherst, MA (PRWEB) January 20, 2015

The Isenberg School of Management’s Online MBA program at the University of Massachusetts Amherst is ranked among the best online MBA programs in the country, according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Graduate MBA Programs. The Isenberg MBA is ranked 12th out of 195 institutions ranked by the publication.

Isenberg is one of the oldest accredited online MBA programs in the nation, and with nearly 1300 enrolled students, and it has the largest enrollment out of the top 25 schools ranked by U.S. News. “A significant proportion of our students are medical doctors, engineers, or professionals with other advanced degrees,” remarked Mark A. Fuller, Dean of the Isenberg School of Management. “The networking and collaborative learning that occurs in our classes as a result is tremendous. We attract these high-performing individuals because of our outstanding faculty and innovative curriculum and a deep understanding of how to best teach in the online format.”

Isenberg has offered it’s MBA in a 100% online format for over 12 years. “It’s important to note that online is just a different delivery system. This is the same AACSB accredited curriculum and you earn the same degree as our on-campus students,” says John Wells, Associate Dean of Professional Programs. “Beyond the curriculum similarities, we’re now using a variety of new approaches and technologies to connect students in our online format with our students on campus both synchronously and asynchronously, enriching the experience for both sets of students.”

The U.S. News ranking is based on five factors: student engagement, admissions selectivity, peer reputation, faculty credentials and training and student services and technology. The statistical data was collected in July through September 2014.

This new ranking represents a change in methodology for U.S. News. The 2015 Best Online MBA Programs ranking evaluates schools based solely on data related to their distance education MBA programs. In the past, U.S. News had combined MBA programs and all other online business master's degree programs for a single ranking.

“This new ranking and methodology will better serve those who are seeking a top MBA program,” continued Dr. Wells. “Prospective students can more easily identify the best accredited MBA programs with a focus on student results and faculty credentials. We’re proud to say that Isenberg is amongst the best.”

More information and a full list of schools in the ranking can be found here.

Article references
www.prweb.com