Stanford Enrolls Its Biggest MBA Class Ever

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 02/06/2014 - 16:05

Applications to Stanford’s full-time MBA program surged 5.8 percent this year, allowing the elite B-school to enroll its biggest class ever.

New data released by the school show that 7,108 prospective MBAs applied to the program, up from 6,716 last year. Applications are up for the second consecutive year.

The surge in applications at Stanford follows reports of increases at other top schools, including Cornell’s Johnson Graduate School of Management, University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business, University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business, Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, and Harvard Business School.

Stanford enrolled 406 students in the Class of 2015, including 36 percent women—a slight increase over last year—and 41 percent international, a slight decrease. The new class also includes more students from biotech, consulting, and consumer products, as well as more humanities and science majors and fewer business and engineering students.

Join the discussion on the Bloomberg Businessweek Business School Forum, visit us on Facebook, and follow @BWbschools on Twitter.

Article references
www.businessweek.com