6. The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing."During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter th

6. The following appeared in a memo from a vice president of Quiot Manufacturing.
"During the past year, Quiot Manufacturing had 30 percent more on-the-job accidents than at the nearby Panoply Industries plant, where the work shifts are one hour shorter than ours. Experts say that significant contributing factors in many on-the-job accidents are fatigue and sleep deprivation among workers. Therefore, to reduce the number of on-the-job accidents at Quiot and thereby increase productivity, we should shorten each of our three work shifts by one hour so that employees will get adequate amounts of sleep."
Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on these assumptions and what the implications are for the argument if the assumptions prove unwarranted.

The vice president of Quiot Manufacturing recommends to curtailreducing working hours in order to lower the frequency of job accidents and to improve productivity. The president assumes that shortening one hour of each work shifts can be an effective policy, because it can guarantees for workers to have enough amounts of sleep. However, the vice president’s prediction needs two more explanations to make his recommendation sustainable.

First, there is no guarantee that the workers of Quiot Manufacturing will spend the additional private hours on solely resting purposesto take a rest. Even if the board of the company clearly announces the intent ofapplies the new policy to its workers, the workers might not use their extra free htimourse for having more sleepto have more sleep. Because, wWithout the reduction in work quotas, the workers still need to deal with their works to finish the allocated daily duty even after the work shift. In another case, the employees might feel free to use their additional private time on other activities which are not helpful in alleviating fatigue. For example, with the implementation of the new working hour protocol, the employees will be able to have more opportunities for socializing with peer laborers. Involving this kind of socializing activities seemingly conciliate stress. However, if only a few of workers begin to more frequently visit a local bar, play video games, or watch movies late at night than they used to do, the effectiveness of the prediction would be significantly limitednot happen. Rather, it can be concluded that the new work shift regulation has undeniable side effects. Therefore, the vice president should previously conduct a thorough survey to question the employees’ preferences about spending free hours.

Second, even though providing less than Panoply Industries, Quiot Manufacturing might already allow enough sleep hours for its workers to alleviate both mental and physical exhaustion. Requiring only one hour of duty per each shift than Panoply Industries cannot be an enough evidence supporting the idea that the company should provide its workers more sleep. Maybe the work shifts of Quiot Manufacturing can be considered far generous than other competitors in the manufacturing business area. In this case, allotting more private time to workers is not a good option, because the additional hoursincreased free time can be redundant.

Sentence: The vice president of Quiot Manufacturing recommends to curtailreducing working hours in order to lower the frequency of job accidents and to improve productivity.
Error: curtailreducing Suggestion: curtail reducing

Sentence: First, there is no guarantee that the workers of Quiot Manufacturing will spend the additional private hours on solely resting purposesto take a rest.
Error: purposesto Suggestion: purposes to

Sentence: Even if the board of the company clearly announces the intent ofapplies the new policy to its workers, the workers might not use their extra free htimourse for having more sleepto have more sleep.
Error: ofapplies Suggestion: of applies
Error: sleepto Suggestion: sleep to
Error: htimourse Suggestion: ?

Sentence: Because, wWithout the reduction in work quotas, the workers still need to deal with their works to finish the allocated daily duty even after the work shift.
Error: wWithout Suggestion: without

Sentence: However, if only a few of workers begin to more frequently visit a local bar, play video games, or watch movies late at night than they used to do, the effectiveness of the prediction would be significantly limitednot happen.
Error: limitednot Suggestion: limited not

Sentence: In this case, allotting more private time to workers is not a good option, because the additional hoursincreased free time can be redundant.
Error: hoursincreased Suggestion: hours increased

argument 1 -- OK but too much content

argument 2 -- Don't guess 'Quiot Manufacturing might already allow enough sleep hours...'. Better: it works in A, doesn't mean it will work in B.