Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at

Changes in the pattern of migration of arctic deer and its population decline have related to each other in the passage and the relevancy has introduced based on the reports of local hunters in the Canada’s arctic regions. But there are some possible foibles in the assumption of the passage that will cause the need of some evidence to explain the decline in the number of arctic deer comprehensively.

The first evidence which is essential be provided is to prove the relevancy of the decline in the number of arctic deer and global warming is the veracity of local hunters and meticulousness of their reports about the degree of decline in the number of arctic deer. Since no other evidences have provided about the arctic deer decline in the passage from reliable sources as National Geographic Agencies, so it won’t be good way to justify reports of the hunters. There is a possibility that hunters are enumerating deer without any scientific method or maybe they are just seeking to find younger deer therefore they aren’t inform about the population of whole community of arctic deer.

Moreover, other evidence which should be provided is that which sea ices has been melted and are these seas in the path of arctic deer migration? Due to the fact that the passage has provided superficial information about the sites which are encountering with ice melting, so we cannot surely argue that these ice melting has expanded to the areas which are the pathways of arctic deer. Maybe, ice melting is occurring in other paths rather than the ways which is specific to deer to travel. Also the passage has argued that arctic deer needs ice-covered areas in some sessions of the years to able deer to peregrinate in the warmer areas which has food. So if the global warming has caused the ice melting and accessible food volume has become more, there won’t be any necessity to arctic deer to migrate to the warmer areas because by this way they can find foods everywhere. Therefore, they ignored previous paths of migration and settled in new areas where no hunter is searching. Hence, the reports of the hunters upon the decline of the arctic deer could be just because of the settlement of arctic deer in new areas with more accessible food just because of the global warming.

Last evidence that must be provided is that every animal after death will have the remnant of its body. If deer population has declined due to the global warming, so it means that they have sunk into the sea, but there are no clue in the passage considering the body of the arctic deer in the sea. Also, the author of the passage mentioned that coincidence between decreases in the number of arctic deer and global warming has caused that they have changed their path of migration, but the author hasn’t provided that the other path of migration which arctic deer is using isn’t as good as their previous path of migration. There is a possibility that the new migration paths are better than the previous one and as a result, a huge number of arctic deer population preferred to travel in the new paths rather than the previous one.

As a conclusion, various defects in the assumption of the author will raise questions about what are other evidence which can strengthen the argument of the author. So by this way, lack of essential evidence can weaken the conclusion of the author of the passage to relate decline in the arctic deer population based on the reports of hunters to global warming.

32minutes
Thank you so much.

--------------------
argument 1 -- not OK. maybe illegal hunting is one of the reasons for the decline.

argument 2 -- not OK. //maybe there are other reasons to cause the decline not the global warming.

argument 3 -- not OK. suppose it is related to global warming, it is still possible for deer to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.
--------------------
You are on the wrong track of GRE argument essays.

In GRE/GMAT, we have to accept all data or evidence are true. It is important to find out loopholes behind surveys or studies. Loopholes mean that we accept all surveys told are true, but there are some conditions applied, for example:

It works for time A (10 years ago), but it doesn't mean it works for time B (nowadays).

It works for location A (a city, community, nation), but it doesn't mean it works for location B (another city, community, nation).

It works for people A (a manager), but it doesn't mean it works for people B (a worker).

It works for event A (one event, project... ), but it doesn't mean it works for event B (another event, project...).

--------------------