Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at

Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.

The argument claims that the decline in deer population is as a result of their inability to carry on their migration patterns, due to the melting of ice, which allowed the deer migrate from island to island, by covering the sea. Also the author compares the report from hunters, stating the decline of deer population and compares the behavior to the global warming trend and therefore bases his conclusion. While the argument is plausible, it lacks the evidence to prove itself.

The author claims that the deer population is declining based on the melting of ice and inhibition of the deer’s migratory requirements. This is not corroborated by any scientific proof or research, but rather concluded based on an analogy between global warming and its effect on the migration of deer’s. Surely there are other more pressing issues that would cause for the plummeting of deer population than the hindering of their migration, such as the scarcity of food or the decline in habitat due to melting of the arctic ice, not absolutely as a result of migration debility.

The authors claim regarding the reducing deer count is based on citing’s from hunters that hunt the animals. Perhaps the decrease in deer population mentioned by the hunters is more of a case of the deer’s hiding from the hunters or having migrated elsewhere to a more prolific environment that fares better for their survival. The argument does not provide a convincing account for the declining deer population. In order to strengthen his stand, the author should attempt to understand and rule out other possible reasons for the decreased number of citing by the hunters.

Even if the deer population is indeed on the downfall, could it not be possible that these so called hunters are the reason for the decline in deer population? All over the world poachers pose a significant threat to the survival of endangered species. The author should look into other more likely causes for the decrease in the number of deer’s rather than blindly blame a trivial issue such as migration.

In sum it the authors claim is not irreproachable because it does not address other possible reasons for the decline in deer population, such as scarcity of food, poaching from hunters or the deer’s having migrated elsewhere.

argument 3 -- not OK