The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company."Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One

The following is a recommendation from the personnel director to the president of Acme Publishing Company.

"Many other companies have recently stated that having their employees take the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course has greatly improved productivity. One graduate of the course was able to read a 500-page report in only two hours; another graduate rose from an assistant manager to vice president of the company in under a year. Obviously, the faster you can read, the more information you can absorb in a single workday. Moreover, Easy Read would cost Acme only $500 per employee—a small price to pay when you consider the benefits. Included in this fee is a three-week seminar in Spruce City and a lifelong subscription to the Easy Read newsletter. Clearly, to improve productivity, Acme should require all of our employees to take the Easy Read course."

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be answered in order to decide whether the advice and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the advice.

The excerpt from the personal director of the Acme Publishing Company cites an attendance necessity to the Easy Read Speed-Reading Course for their employees to enhance their productivity based upon the series of facts. However, this conclusion cannot be accepted as it stands; whereas, it rests on a number of unsubstantiated presumptions, for the advocating of which there is not enough cogent evidence.

Firstly, the director fails to assure me about the accuracy of his/her examples. In fact, there are some example of the successful employees, who the attendance in this classes improves their productivity in their occupations; whoever, there is no any concrete and cogent evidence about the ratio of these successful employees up to hole. Maybe, in class with 30 participants, just 3 of them present this improvement, which means 10% of the whole class is succeed, it can be negligible. Or it lacks of the information about those case studies’ backgrounds and talents, makes it inaccurate. Maybe, they have this abilities and the class does not have any sufficient influence on them. Thus, it will be unrespecting to extend this achievement to all employees.

Secondly, even if it is assumed that this achievement is illustrated by majority of the employees, there is still another problem with the sample. There is no any cogent reason to adhere this success can be depicted by Acme's workers too. In a search study, the finding can be generalized to the target population if the sample used is representative of the concerned population in all aspects. In this scenario, there is no any concrete links between the samples workers and the Acme's worker. Thus, there is no guarantee for success of this new scheme in the Acme. Moreover, they can be faced knotty economic problems too; because, there is no a dully proof to advocate this investment will returns its profit.

Finally, as it mentioned in the memo the employees who attend to this class, obtain some extra benefits, like a three-week seminar in Spruce City and a lifelong subscription to the Easy Read newsletter, which can enhanced the employee’s productivities too. The absent evidence about their proficiency and effects on the workers' productivities put some doubts about their benefits. Maybe, the attendance to this additional activities decrease their energy and productivity in their main jobs or it can be explained as extra time to consume, which it can decrease their works’ hours; so in this case, it cannot consider as cost effective scheme.

To conclude, several facts do suggest, but only vaguely. The writer's conclusion cannot be assumed to be correct. In fact, overlooking and over-presentation some significant points which stands above put some doubts about the memo's accuracy. Therefore, the facts if articulated more clearly with mentioned point can only bring the recommendation the implemented as it has been anticipated to be succeeded.

Sentence: In fact, there are some example of the successful employees, who the attendance in this classes improves their productivity in their occupations; whoever, there is no any concrete and cogent evidence about the ratio of these successful employees up to hole.
Description: The tag a WH-pronoun, nominative is not usually followed by the
Suggestion: Refer to who and the
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and classes

Sentence: Or it lacks of the information about those case studies' backgrounds and talents, makes it inaccurate.
Description: The fragment it inaccurate . is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace inaccurate with adverb

Sentence: Maybe, they have this abilities and the class does not have any sufficient influence on them.
Suggestion: Refer to this and abilities

Sentence: In this scenario, there is no any concrete links between the samples workers and the Acme's worker.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to samples and workers

Sentence: Finally, as it mentioned in the memo the employees who attend to this class, obtain some extra benefits, like a three-week seminar in Spruce City and a lifelong subscription to the Easy Read newsletter, which can enhanced the employee's productivities too.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to can and enhanced

Sentence: Thus, it will be unrespecting to extend this achievement to all employees.
Error: unrespecting Suggestion: No alternate word

-------------------------

Need to analyze the structure of the statement and argue accordingly:

condition 1:
One graduate of the course was able to read a 500-page report in only two hours; another graduate rose from an assistant manager to vice president of the company in under a year. Obviously, the faster you can read, the more information you can absorb in a single workday.

condition 2:
Moreover, Easy Read would cost Acme only $500 per employee—a small price to pay when you consider the benefits. Included in this fee is a three-week seminar in Spruce City and a lifelong subscription to the Easy Read newsletter.

conclusion:
Clearly, to improve productivity, Acme should require all of our employees to take the Easy Read course.

then here goes the argument:

argument 1:
1. the sample is not big enough; 2. other reasons for their success;

argument 2:
1. if the company is a big company, $500 per person are still a big money. 2. seminar and newsletter may not be effective.

argument 3:
May not need every employee taking part the course, maybe some of them.

------------------------------------