"Most homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last heating season that region experienced 90 days with below-normal temperatures, and climate forecasters predi

"Most homes in the northeastern United States, where winters are typically cold, have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating. Last heating season that region experienced 90 days with below-normal temperatures, and climate forecasters predict that this weather pattern will continue for several more years. Furthermore, many new homes are being built in the region in response to recent population growth. Because of these trends, we predict an increased demand for heating oil and recommend investment in Consolidated Industries, one of whose major business operations is the retail sale of home heating oil."
Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

The author, in the presented argument, predicts an increased demand for heating oil. It has been ascribed to the facts that most homes in the northeastern United States have traditionally used oil as their major fuel for heating; the winters are typically cold in the region, with the last season experiencing about 90 days with below normal temperature and a recent population growth in the region leading to construction of many new houses. Based on the predictions by the climate forecasters that this weather pattern will continue and considering the above stated trends, the author has recommend...