A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of f

A recent sales study indicates that consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants has increased by 30 percent during the past five years. Yet there are no currently operating city restaurants whose specialty is seafood. Moreover, the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families, and a nationwide study has shown that such families eat significantly fewer home-cooked meals than they did a decade ago but at the same time express more concern about healthful eating. Therefore, the new Captain Seafood restaurant that specializes in seafood should be quite popular and profitable.

Write a response in which you discuss what questions would need to be addressed in order to decide whether the conclusion and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Be sure to explain how the answers to the questions would help to evaluate the conclusion.

This argument offers the demand of seafood dishes in Bay City restaurants. The study shows this demand has increased by 30 percent in the past five years. While it is apparent some citizens prefer seafood dishes, the argument suffers from some holes and evidence. The reasons provided by the author requires more information and assumptions.

First the validity and scope of the study for the need in seafood dishes is not as crystal clear. The study is not a representative of all city residents, asking only individuals who go regularly to restaurants. The aspects of this study is not provided to understand how important such growth is. While the interval of five years is considered, the diversity of citizen as the young, and adults, and number of the experiment is not mentioned. Thus, the statistic is not reliable and valid.

Additionally, the author states that the majority of families in Bay City are two-income families who concern eating healthy food outside their homes. This reason does not necessarily apply to all citizens. This survey should provide statistics to demonstrate not only the related majority of families in this study, but also other concerns about food that families have. Maybe, the life style of this group of citizens is just not eating food at home, but they do not care about healthy food at all. Therefore, the survey ought to include more assumptions.

The other weak point of this argument is related to the concept of healthy food. There exist various kinds of foods that are healthy as well; for example, organic food, vegetables, and so on. Also, the way of cooking is really important. Some seafood dishes are cooked with a lot of oil that are not good for our bodies. Hence, for families who do care about healthful eating, seafood is not the only option. Restaurants can provide other options for them.

Finally, at first it is mentioned that there are no operating restaurants whose specialty is seafood. The author expects to see the popularity and profit of the new Captain Seafood restaurant. This expectation is not reasonable, since a few citizen may know about this restaurant. On top of that, the quality and services provided by this restaurant can affect its profits. Therefore, this reason is not enough strong to consider, and some factors should be highlighted.

In overall, examining different angles involved in the consumption of seafood dishes in Bay City, the argument does not show valid assumptions. To strengthen the argument, the author had better conduct a new comprehensive survey which shows the benefits of opening a new seafood restaurant in Bay City.

argument 1 -- NOT OK

argument 2 -- NOT OK

argument 3 -- NOT OK

Try to accept the data or evidence are true, and then try to find out loopholes. '... is not mentioned' doesn't mean it is a loophole.