Several charitable organizations in Pleasantville provide opportunities for teenagers to engage in community service. These organizations have a great need for volunteers, but in recent years, the number of teenage volunteers has significantly declined.Th

Several charitable organizations in Pleasantville provide opportunities for teenagers to engage in community service. These organizations have a great need for volunteers, but in recent years, the number of teenage volunteers has significantly declined.

The Pleasantville School Board should take measures to increase the number of volunteers. Teachers, parents, and other community members agree that it is important for young people to learn the value of community service. Requiring high school students to engage in community service would provide much-needed assistance to worthy local charities and would also help young people understand the importance of giving back to their community. For this reason, the Pleasantville School Board should institute a program requiring students of Pleasantville High School to complete 40 hours of community service prior to graduation.

The author of the argument assumes that the decline in the number of teenage volunteers in Pleasantville can be curbed and improved by introducing a program requiring students of Pleasantville High School to complete 40 hours of community service prior to graduation is flawed for several reasons.

There are many questions that need to be considered. First, how many teenagers are there in Pleasantville currently? Finding out the number of teenagers in the town is very important because there could be a possibility that the number of teenagers itself has gone down significantly in Pleasantville.

Second question that needs to be answered is, is Pleasantville High School the only school in the Pleasantville and if yes then how many teenagers are going to Pleasantville high school. There could be a possibility that the number of teenagers in Pleasantville High school are very less compared to the other schools in the Pleasantville, and if that is the case then introducing a new program to enhance the number of teenage volunteers won't do much help.

Figuring out the reason for decline in the number of teenage volunteers is very important. There is a possibility that teenagers might be incapacitated due to the curriculum at the school, and hence don't find time to engage in community services. Therefore a survey should be conducted among the teenagers, to find out the reason why they are not contributing to the community services.

The author also assumes that introduction of the new program would instill high moral values in the teenagers which is not necessarily true, 40 hours of community services might not have any significant affect on the teenagers especially if they feel that they are forced to do something they don't want to do.

Thus, we can conclude that introducing a new program won't necessarily increase the number of teenage volunteers engaged in community service because of the reasons stated above.

Don't just put one sentence for one argument, like:
'The author also assumes that introduction of the new program would instill high moral values in the teenagers which is not necessarily true, 40 hours of community services might not have any significant affect on the teenagers especially if they feel that they are forced to do something they don't want to do.'