Essay topics: Tusk University should build a new recreational facility, both to attract new students and to better serve the needs of our current student body. Tusk projects that enrollment will double over the next 10 years, based on current trends. The new student body is expected to reflect a much higher percentage of commuter students than we currently enroll. This will make the existing facilities inadequate. Moreover, the cost of health and recreation club membership in our community has increased rapidly in recent years. Thus students will find it much more advantageous to make use of the facilities on the campus. Finally, an attractive new recreation center would make prospective students, especially athletically gifted ones, more likely to enroll at Tusk.
The argument that the Tusk University needs to build a new recreational facility to improve current services and attract new students seems logical at first. The author makes a valid argument, one that could be correct if its premises were true. However the conclusion relies on assumptions which there is no clear evidence and the author uses terms that lack definition.
First, the author assumes that the enrollment will double in the next 10 years based on current trends. In fact, the author needs more evidence to prove his claim and shows some current external changes that may lead to doubling the number of students and if so an additional recreational building is needed. Furthermore, the author assumes that to serve current students a new recreational building is needed. In fact the author needs to show that why equipping current facilities is inadequate.
Additionally, the author assumes that by building a new recreational facility more students will be attract to Tusk University. In fact the author shows no useful correlation between University facilities the number of enrolling students.
The author assumes that in the future when the health cost increases more students would prefer to make use campus facilities because its advantages. In fact, to strengthen this assumption the author needs to bring more evidence that indicates that the student think of the campus facilities advantageous and reliable beside the prices.
The notion that the university needs to build a new recreational building, the author needs to define the term “recreational building “ and by identifying its scope make the argument conclusion more clear. The conclusion requires more assumptions with more clear evidence. For example the argument could considerably be strengthened if the author provided evidence of a direct relationship between universities facilities and students satisfaction.
In conclusion, the writer would not necessarily be wrong that by equipping the university current students will be served better and it attracts new students. After all, most students prefer a well-equipped university rather than a small simple one. But to support the current conclusion the author first needs to define the scope of the problem more clearly and then needs to rely on proved assumptions with clear evidence.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 year 7 months ago||AbigailT||34||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||ewood28||66||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 month ago||akashdesai||50||Read full essay|
|3 years 3 months ago||bidexis92||70||Read full essay|
|4 years 9 months ago||ZahraT||70||Read full essay|
|6 years 1 month ago||maryam2900||44||Read full essay|
|6 years 1 month ago||maryam2900||44||Read full essay|
- Claim: Even though young people often receive the advice to “follow your dreams,” more emphasis should be placed on picking worthy goals.Reason: Many people’s dreams are inherently selfish. (50)
- We must reduce overhead here at the café. Instead of opening at 6 a.m. weekdays, we will now open at 8 a.m. On weekends, we will only be open from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. The decrease in hours of operations will help save money because we won’t be paying f (50)
- Scientific theories, which most people consider as ‘facts’, almost invariably prove to be inaccurate. Thus, one should look upon any information described as ‘factual’ with skepticism since it may well be proven false in the future. (40)
- “Advertising with Cable Communication Corp. is a great way to increase your profits. Recently the Adams Car Dealership began advertising with Cable Communications and over the last 30 days, sales are up 15% over the previous month. Let us increase your (70)
- Because people increasingly eat at restaurants, all restaurants should be required to display nutritional information about the meals they serve. This knowledge makes it easier for diners to make healthy choices and reduces the risk of diet related health (10)
- Tusk University should build a new recreational facility, both to attract new students and to better serve the needs of our current student body. Tusk projects that enrollment will double over the next 10 years, based on current trends. The new student bo (50)
- The perceived greatness of any political leader has more to do with the challenges faced by that leader than with any of his her inherent skills and abilities. (60)
- Tpo-6: independent task: Do you agree or disagree? Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. (60)
- TOEFL Sample essay : integrated essay from TPO6 (70)
- Do you agree with the following statement? People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment- doing thing they like to do- rather than doing things they should do .Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (60)