The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation not competition Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree wi

As they say "Leaders are not born, they are made", many factors go into making a successful leader. The given prompt recommends that it best to instill a sense of cooperation over competition to prepare the youth for leadership in various fields such as government, industry, etc. In my opinion, I strongly disagree with the given recommendation and argue that competition is more imperative for leadership for these three reasons.

First, right from early age, we are intoduced to the sense of competition. It is just a natural proclivity:how parents raise their child. It has huge implications in building the personality of the child. Consider a child, for instance, who is taught to compete with his fellow classmates in every aspect, such as scoring higher in tests or excelling in competative sports. This would invariably enforce competativeness in the child and shape his personality. Also, it is highly likely that the child would perceive competativeness as rightous as his parents have advocated it. This example illustrates how competition is instilled right from early stages.

Furthermore, one cannot escape the competition. It is vital that inorder to survive in this highly globalized world - where each person aims to excel and compete, one must alleviate his intent to compete. For instance, a new company aiming to sell computer in an area pre-occupied with large influx of computer stores. If the company chooses to be cooperative, maybe in terms of agreements or signing deals for sharing technology with competitors, there are high vhanges that company would fail to survive due to the highly 'competative' market. This conforms that one cannot afford to procrastinate competative intent.

Finally, there are numerous factors that contribute to leadership. The prompt pre dominantely focuses on only two factors, on the contraty, factors such as perseverance, human skills, aptitude, etc are also immensely germane. For instance, a leader being only compettaive or cooperative cannot provide eficacy if he/she isn't well equipped with people skills to manage the team. Thus, we must focus on others factors too, apart from competition and cooperation.

Of course, some would argue that cooperation undermines competition when looked at larger aspects such as national security, or sheer political will to resolve issues in national interest. However, it is only pertinent to some limited fields which requires cooperation in larger interest of people. In most common fields, competition preceeds cooperation for a successful leadership. Hence, it is best to instill a sense of competition in younger people for leadership in government, industry, etc.