Claim : Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.

Claim : Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.
Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.

Man is a social animal. A society consists of group of people with versatile natures, thinkings and minds. A society is flourished by its culture and traditions and its people. But there are some problems which should be solved to make the society more prosperous.

Modern society have lots of issues like corruption, inflation, crime, uncivilized people, etc. which tends to harm the society. These kind of problems can be overcome by laws and legal systems. Laws can be made to make the people more civilized and discipline. Action can be taken against the crime and corruption and proper castigation will help to mitigate these problems.

There are several problems which can be solved by strict rules and regulation. Smoking, drinking liquors at common places are some issues which can be prohibited in order to make a peaceful society. If people are bound to follow the rules that will be not only beneficial for society, but also will be advantageous to them to build a disciplined personality.

But there are some problems like castism, discrimination between lower and upper class, increasing immense sarcastic behavior of the people, which cannot be handled by laws. These all factors are hindering the progress of the society and legal system has proven a failure to appease the modern society. People have different mindsets and their thought process cannot be changed by putting any kind of pressure. If some strict rules will be made to change people's minds, it would have adverse effect and will be responsible for creating chaos in the society.

So laws and legal systems can cure certain problems of society but not all. To solve the problems related with people's minds and behavior, different kind of strategies should be taken like awareness programs, increase sources of knowledge and information etc. Education can be played an important role to solve these kind of problems. So government should encourage education to have a healthy society with healthy minds.

Sentence: Modern society have lots of issues like corruption, inflation, crime, uncivilized people, etc. which tends to harm the society.
Description: The word harm is not usually used as a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to harm