Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which

Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

I agree with the statement above that the achievements of rulers, artisits, or scientists is not an indices of greatness for a nation but rather the welfare of all its people is the criterion on which to judge the greatness of a nation.

A nation is a political entity comprising of people of a common heritage, history, culture, tradition or languages which have entered a political contract – what the Enlightenment era philosopher,John Locke, refers to as a “social contract” between the governed and the governor. This marks the essence of the modern nation – state. In this is contract...

Sentence: I agree with the statement above that the achievements of rulers, artisits, or scientists is not an indices of greatness for a nation but rather the welfare of all its people is the criterion on which to judge the greatness of a nation.
Error: artisits Suggestion: artists

Sentence: What parameters used in evalauating the welfare of various nations can be contested, but the bottom line is that such evaluations lies on analyzing the general welfare of the populace of a nation.
Error: evalauating Suggestion: evaluating

Sentence: For this reason, various indices, such a mortality rate, investment frienliness, life expectancy and many more are utilized by international organizations like the UN, and UNICEF to describe the progress of nations.
Error: frienliness Suggestion: friendliness

Sentence: The beauty of the United States various achievment would not have been recognized if these various achievements had no impact in the lives of the people of the United States.
Error: achievment Suggestion: achievement

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/gmatgre