Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.
I agree with the statement above that the achievements of rulers, artisits, or scientists is not an indices of greatness for a nation but rather the welfare of all its people is the criterion on which to judge the greatness of a nation.
A nation is a political entity comprising of people of a common heritage, history, culture, tradition or languages which have entered a political contract – what the Enlightenment era philosopher,John Locke, refers to as a “social contract” between the governed and the governor. This marks the essence of the modern nation – state. In this is contract...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- Claim: Any piece of information referred to as a fact should be mistrusted, since it may well be proven false in the future.Reason: Much of the information that people assume is factual actually turns out to be inaccurate.Write a response in which you dis 90
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree 65
- The following appeared in a memo from the new vice president of Sartorian, a company that manufactures men's clothing."Five years ago, at a time when we had difficulty obtaining reliable supplies of high-quality wool fabric, we discontinued production of 82
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any 64
- The following is a letter to the editor of an environmental magazine."Two studies of amphibians in Xanadu National Park confirm a significant decline in the numbers of amphibians. In 1975 there were seven species of amphibians in the park, and there were 90
Sentence: I agree with the statement above that the achievements of rulers, artisits, or scientists is not an indices of greatness for a nation but rather the welfare of all its people is the criterion on which to judge the greatness of a nation.
Error: artisits Suggestion: artists
Sentence: What parameters used in evalauating the welfare of various nations can be contested, but the bottom line is that such evaluations lies on analyzing the general welfare of the populace of a nation.
Error: evalauating Suggestion: evaluating
Sentence: For this reason, various indices, such a mortality rate, investment frienliness, life expectancy and many more are utilized by international organizations like the UN, and UNICEF to describe the progress of nations.
Error: frienliness Suggestion: friendliness
Sentence: The beauty of the United States various achievment would not have been recognized if these various achievements had no impact in the lives of the people of the United States.
Error: achievment Suggestion: achievement
No. of Spelling Errors: 4 2
It is on top list:
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 5.5 out of 6
Category: Excellent Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 4 2
No. of Sentences: 19 15
No. of Words: 501 350
No. of Characters: 2447 1500
No. of Different Words: 236 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.731 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.884 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.796 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 195 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 138 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 97 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 67 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 26.368 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 12.402 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.526 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.314 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.52 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.101 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5